Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New! Viking Double Adj. Front Coil Over kit Available at UMI!

Old 07-28-2013, 12:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zssman
Any more updates on these shocks? Street/strip set ups.
Check out the link I will post below. This is our car that is running them with the 550lb springs. If you read the thread I think there is some good feedback from other users in there as well.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...ng-shocks.html
Old 07-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much preload is required on the front with the 500lb springs to get the car to sit at a -2" height vs stock?

Normally I avoid coilovers that don't offer separate preload and height adjustment because I don't want to sacrifice shock travel in favor of lowered ride height. That's my biggest qualm with aggressive lowering springs on stock style shocks.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Check out the link I will post below. This is our car that is running them with the 550lb springs. If you read the thread I think there is some good feedback from other users in there as well.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...ng-shocks.html
Thanks.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:46 AM
10 Second Club

Picked up the complete viking set and installed yesterday. Steet/strip set up w/300lb front springs. Also used a umi bolt on relocation bracket. Very straight forward install. Car is a 99 HOSS, stock shocks, sportline springs. With the old susp. Car had no weight transfer at the track at all. This was with bogart d10s and 275/50/15 nittos. Drivin the car after the install and makin a few launches on the street. U can def tell the difference. If it ever stops raining will test at the strip this sun.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:23 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I can't wait to get my hands on these...
Old 09-22-2013, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
We haven't cross-fit yet. I'll check it out and let you know.
ramey
I read that QA1 springs won't work but what about a "conventional" coilover spring like AFCO? Do you need 12" or 14"?
Old 09-23-2013, 08:48 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by hiltsy855
I read that QA1 springs won't work but what about a "conventional" coilover spring like AFCO? Do you need 12" or 14"?
The lower rate springs are 14" while the auto-x and road race 550's are 12".

You should be able to use a conventional 2-1/2" coilover spring with them no problem. Keep in mind that Viking's are ultra premium and are Made-In-USA.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

got mine installed on my 94, hopefully be able to test them in the next couple weeks (still putting the car back together after a motor/suspension swap, should be running this weekend hopefully!) already having fun messing with the ride height!

some pics:

Old 08-14-2015, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about the front and rear kit

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
We are also offering a rear double adjustable shock from Viking and a full front and rear kit that includes four shocks, two front springs and the spanner wrench/thrust bearing kit.

Rear Shock Information Here

Complete Kit Information Here

I have few questions about this set. I current drive a 2002 Firehawk as a daily driver and I do some "spirited" driving here and there. Would you recommend this set for me? If so do I need any relocation brackets? Lastly what spring would you recommend using in the rear?
Old 08-14-2015, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FirehawkIan
I have few questions about this set. I current drive a 2002 Firehawk as a daily driver and I do some "spirited" driving here and there. Would you recommend this set for me? If so do I need any relocation brackets? Lastly what spring would you recommend using in the rear?
By spirited driving, do you mean curvy roads?
Check what you have on there now first, since you have a firehawk you may have bilstiens, which is already a better choice to begin with.
If you want an upgrade for handling look into Koni SA's or other gas charged sport shocks, as they will provide far better handling, ride, feel and stability than these (plus a lifetime warranty).
Old 08-17-2015, 07:24 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by FirehawkIan
It depends exactly what you're looking to do with your vehicle. My idea of "spirited" driving is way different than most others. If you're simply looking to have an adjustable shock with adjustable ride height in the front, then I think these will work fantastic. We have put them through auto-x, road course, drag racing, and daily driving and we find them very reasonable for all applications.

If you're interested we could discuss what spring rate you would like to run. As for the rears pretty much choose something that has the ride height you desire. The spring rates are all pretty similar with the lowering springs on the market. I recommend Strano springs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New! Viking Double Adj. Front Coil Over kit Available at UMI!