Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

4th gen lowing spring issues. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 4th gen lowing spring issues. HELP

About a year ago I lowered my 00 Z 28.. I buddy of mine got rear ended and gave me shocks and strut off of his totaled car.. I was told they were eibachs. They are red.. It slammed the car.. But to keep the rear from bottoming out I had to leave the factory isolator a in.. With my factory c 5 wheels this mad the car nose dive a bit, but over all I'm happy with the car.. Hower the problem is tire ware.. The car is lower on the passenger side.. I got the car fully aligned shortly after spring/ strut installation.. A buddy and fellow ls1 owner did the alignment and told me it was fully adjusted and it wasn't completely aligned perfect.. There tires lasted me about a year( they were 50% tread when I bought them) the tires were heavily worn on the inside. Is this a common problem with eibach springs? My brother SS is showing the same signs with his. He installed new struts and shocks with his installation.. His car is also lower on passenger side.. Advice and knowledge welcome.. Is t the spring? Should I buy another brand.. Thoughts?
Old 02-20-2013, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

prolly are eibach sportlines..dont think its the spring, with alignment.. ride height yes.. even from factory cars are not the same height from side to side.. but its always more noticeable with lowering springs, with adjustable coilover you can get your car really close to same ride height, or a better quality spring.. i have lowered a ton of cars in my life, and none of them sat level.. as for tire wear, get the front end off the ground and check steering and suspension components, inner/outer tie rods, ball joints, bushings, bearings.. see if any of them are worn out and have play.. and i have heard its always a good roll of thumb to get car aligned 2 times after you do suspension work, once right after and again after you get some mileage on it..
Old 02-21-2013, 12:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill check them again but the tie rods great ill check ball joints as well... It's worse on the side that lowered.. I just want it to not eat up my tires and alignments are like 8 $ a pop!

Quick Reply: 4th gen lowing spring issues. HELP