Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 05:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Penske shocks but big coin
Old 03-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Launching!

Ok, well this is great info guys and clearly shocks will help with the waddle but bushings are the answere. As for shocks, Bilsteins seem to be a good choice for spireted driving, is adjustable really required?
Old 03-22-2013, 12:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2002 T/A
Ok, well this is great info guys and clearly shocks will help with the waddle but bushings are the answere. As for shocks, Bilsteins seem to be a good choice for spireted driving, is adjustable really required?
What shocks do you have now and what springs? If all stock, I'm pretty sure Bilstiens will fix the problem for you.

If you are changing bushings.. you should really verify that your current bushings are in bad shape first. The stock bushings if they are still in good shape are going to be fine for spirited driving. If they are in good shape then that's not the source of the instability.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If cost isn't a concern, I believe the general consensus is that the Konis are the way to go.

I was constrained by a lower budget and opted for the SLP Bilsteins and they were a noticeable improvement over the stock DeCarbons.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

This shouldn't really be a much a of a qulestion anymore in 2013,... I mean really? I think its established that Koni 4/4's single adjustable are the best of the best. If you truly want the "Best" shocks. The only other option I would see are custom race valved blisteins but those are more expensive than koni's so it doesn't make much sense.

Strano or bmr springs for daily driving.

Maybe a ground control coil over sleeve could be better than the two above, but you would really have to know your **** and your set up to pick the spring rate and ride height correctly. Honestly I wouldn't try it. Let the pro's do that for you.

I just got koni/strano's in the mail and I am waiting to put them on.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by z28bryan
What shocks do you have now and what springs? If all stock, I'm pretty sure Bilstiens will fix the problem for you.

If you are changing bushings.. you should really verify that your current bushings are in bad shape first. The stock bushings if they are still in good shape are going to be fine for spirited driving. If they are in good shape then that's not the source of the instability.
Well it only has 30,000M/50,000K on it so I would think the bushings are good, I am sure one could do better though. All is stock and I am not road racing or dragging' I do have a Procharger on the way and would like to improve the handling with the stock springs. I think shocks are a good start?
Old 03-22-2013, 11:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Midnight02
If cost isn't a concern, I believe the general consensus is that the Konis are the way to go.

I was constrained by a lower budget and opted for the SLP Bilsteins and they were a noticeable improvement over the stock DeCarbons.
I was in the same boat and I have zero complaints.

Quick Reply: Best shocks?