Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotors

I will be getting ready to replace my old rotors and pads. I have the Brembo blanks and they have held up a long time. Just hate I have to paint the hub as they rust real easy. What other brands out there that would be just as good that might have better rust protection? I don't mind spending extra money on a good rotor.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

I think WS6Store has their rotors for $195 for the set. They are Black Zinc coated for rust protection and comes blank, slotted, drilled, or slotted/drilled.

I'm probably going to pick them up - seems pretty good ~$50 a rotor.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Yeah that's a good price. I just wonder how long they would last. I been reading some reviews on the DBAs and EBCs.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:40 PM
TECH Junkie

I've had brembo blanks and I concurr they rust really quickly even when they aren't that old. I've since put on ATE premium one rotors. They seem to have a coating of some sort on them to prevent rust. I need to look at them sometime to see how they are holding out. It's been only a year for me though.

I went with ATE because I was interested in a high quality rotor compared to all the cheapo ones going around these days.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:43 PM
LS1TECH.com Sponsor

For what its worth, we have had killer good luck with our house rotors, ive actually had a set on my car for over 5 years, still holding up strong, ...and im not easy on my brakes We are putting a set on our shop race car also..
Old 04-16-2013, 08:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z28bryan
I've had brembo blanks and I concurr they rust really quickly even when they aren't that old. I've since put on ATE premium one rotors. They seem to have a coating of some sort on them to prevent rust. I need to look at them sometime to see how they are holding out. It's been only a year for me though.

I went with ATE because I was interested in a high quality rotor compared to all the cheapo ones going around these days.
i also went with front/rear ATE PremiumOne rotors, and i've had them on for about 4 - 5 years already....best thing i ever did, swapping away from standard AutoZone junk. before, the AZ ones would "warp" again after about 6 - 8 months, and it would drive me absolutely NUTS!

since putting the ATE rotors on, i haven't had it shimmy on me while braking for that entire 4 - 5 years.

the coating they put on them also holds up REALLY well...still no rust on the hubs after all that time!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I went with BrakeMotive and I'm pretty happy with mine, drilled and slotted..
Old 04-17-2013, 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I had Baer drilled/slotted and they warped a small amount early in their life. As far as rust, the cad plating held up for about a year then they started looking pretty bad (my car is a DD). I switched to Centric CryoStop rotors and I'm not happy with them either. Right out of the box the e-coat washed off of one of the inside hubs with brake cleaner. One of the fronts warped enough to make me replace it within the first year of use.
At this point I am seriously considering going back to GM for OEM rotors next time if you can still get them. So I am also very interested in hearing about any good recommendations from others.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My next ones are probably gonna be from brakemotive aswell. Can't beat their prices.

I'm just gonna get the ones for a c5 and do the conversion while I'm at it
Old 04-17-2013, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Any one running the DBA 4000 or the EBC ultimax?
Old 04-18-2013, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm running silver zinc coated power stop drilled slotted rotors .. Got'em for 110 shipped via summit and hawk HPS pads , I love the brake combo

Quick Reply: Rotors