Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

RESULTS: BMR vs Strano ride height!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CoSpeed
No I'm not misguided. You're just not reading and it's typical for you stand up for Strano no matter what. The person posted 'Strano LCAs, etc" and I am saying there are no such things and if they were, they are rebranded. Which Strano has tried to do with most of the suspension companies here and argued with them and upset them. This is why he only has UMI listed on his site. The other companies do not want to deal with him. And if he has other suspension parts listed on his site, it just means he gets them from a warehouse distributor reseller and isnt direct.
Yes I know what I'm talking about.
Ha...
Just standing up for the truth and facts. I can't say Im a fan of what happened in the other thread (but we'll see what happens), im not standing up for anyone just simply speaking truths.
Sam sells parts that are proven to work. You won't see certain parts on his site because they either don't work well, or the company wanted him to stop selling from one sponsor (cough UMI cough) to sell their product only (cough BMR cough). When he refused they threatened to put his out of business.
Now read your exact quote buddy:
"There are no such things as Strano LCAs, SFCs, etc. It's just rebranded suspension parts from a sponsor here with the exact same specs as the company who is rebranding it for Strano"
I don't see an "IF" in there anywhere, you are stating things like there are in fact relabeled parts, when they're none.
Then ironically enough you are pushing J&M hotparts which is actually selling relabeled Founders suspension for a different price, both companies are even owned by the same guy...
So are you done yet?
Old 05-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Ha...
Just standing up for the truth and facts. I can't say Im a fan of what happened in the other thread (but we'll see what happens), im not standing up for anyone just simply speaking truths.
Sam sells parts that are proven to work. You won't see certain parts on his site because they either don't work well, or the company wanted him to stop selling from one sponsor (cough UMI cough) to sell their product only (cough BMR cough). When he refused they threatened to put his out of business.
Now read your exact quote buddy:
"There are no such things as Strano LCAs, SFCs, etc. It's just rebranded suspension parts from a sponsor here with the exact same specs as the company who is rebranding it for Strano"
I don't see an "IF" in there anywhere, you are stating things like there are in fact relabeled parts, when they're none.
Then ironically enough you are pushing J&M hotparts which is actually selling relabeled Founders suspension for a different price, both companies are even owned by the same guy...
So are you done yet?
Again, you have no clue. But that is your typically MO. Starting trouble. If you did not understand a post, ask a question rather than start BS.
Also, J&M/Hotpart came before Founders and yes, there is a difference. Founders uses less cost parts on some of there products like the rod ends and bushings.
Don't bother trying with me. It won't work. We deal with these companies everyday, so we know what we are talking about.

So yes, now I'm done.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BMR vs Strano threads never end up good
Old 05-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Thanks OP for the photos and very happy you got the results you wanted.
I ordered my springs from BMR and their communications and customer service have been outstanding! I will be a repeat BMR customer in future.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Never dealt with Strano, but I ordered my Konis and springs from BMR. They're customer service was TOP NOTCH. So much so, that I asked Kyle (who was my contact) for his manager's email address so I could tell HIM how good their customer service was. I work in a business where customer service is the main focus, so when someone gives me good customer service, I'm impressed. Word of mouth and customer service are what will drive business as well as retention.

I don't have any experience with Strano so I won't weigh in on that.

OP, glad you got the drop you wanted!

We've got so much drama in this, ls1tech needs its own reality tv show! haha
Old 05-05-2013, 06:35 PM
TECH Resident

One problem is for some reason he doesn't stand behind his product. Many other post show this I was looking at doing his parts. But when I talked to him he knew everything about f body suspensions. But when it came to aftermarket he got lost. I think if you run other springs you will be just as happy. Bmr, hotchkis, eibach. No settling issues or height issues. If you want someone with a f body reputation do not forget lg
Old 05-05-2013, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are no such things as Strano LCAs, SFCs, etc. It's just rebranded suspension parts from a sponsor here with the exact same specs as the company who is rebranding it for Strano. BMR and J&M/Hot Part Suspension do not and will not ever rebrand suspension parts for Strano, so show your support for them.
So where are these rebranded LCAs and SFC's? As youve been told before and decided to ignore, strano only sells his springs and sway bars under his brand. Everything else is from other companies including UMI, Koni, hawk, etc...

BMR has great products aswell and theyre a great company, but dont try to fool us into thinking everyone is copying from them. If anything theyve got more dirt than any other company ive delt with.

And of course nobody is gonna start with you, youre a sponsor, all you have to do is tell your admins to clean up the threads with your negative reviews. Matter of fact, this thread will probably be locked soon. Again.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well OP it looks like you got your answer. Clearly BMRs are lower uncompressed. Nice job with the follow up comparison. Car looks great now!!!
Old 05-05-2013, 10:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zlow28
So where are these rebranded LCAs and SFC's? As youve been told before and decided to ignore, strano only sells his springs and sway bars under his brand. Everything else is from other companies including UMI, Koni, hawk, etc...
Vogtland makes Strano's springs, they are different according to Sam, but lets face it the springs have to be made somewhere and the German manufacturing process is awesome...to say the least!
I'm sure the other parts are contracted out too, unless he has an assembly line set up somewhere, but most likely outsources it all. I dropped out of business school but I'd outsource it all too.

Obviously The springs the OP bought weren't right, they were too long and I'm sure they rode great, but didn't lower as advertised and now we know why. Vogtland makes TONS of different springs, from tiny machine springs to huge truck springs. Since some here have bought Strano springs in the past and they lowered just fine, maybe Strano got a bad batch from Vogtland - it happens. The buyer should get a refund, Strano can investigate and case closed.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I should have measured the free standing height of mine out of curiosity. I'll measure my ride height this week sometime when I have it parked on a paved surface after an alignment (I park on gravel at home).

Yes, Strano's springs are made by Vogtland (posted on his site) but they aren't Vogtland's own springs as they have different lb/in numbers. I'm not sure who he has make his sways (pretty sure they aren't made in house but I could be wrong).
Old 05-05-2013, 11:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RJDio
Vogtland makes Strano's springs, they are different according to Sam, but lets face it the springs have to be made somewhere and the German manufacturing process is awesome...to say the least!
Of course the springs are made somewhere. But they are made to sam's specs. The only thing they have in common are the material. CoSpeed made it seem like sam is buying vogtland, putting his sticker on them, and reselling them without them knowing.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:06 AM
TECH Resident

Let's face it he put his name on it. Then warranty and back it. Or even refund their money so either they or he can buy them some bmr's
Old 05-06-2013, 04:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So wait.....a sponsor who happens to only sell one of these products is bashing the ones they don't sell? Astonishing!!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:32 AM
TECH Junkie

I've always been a Sam supporter and probably always will be. But something doesn't seem right lately in the stranoparts business. He def seems overwhelmed. I know I definitely wouldn't want to own a business. That probably sucks!
Old 05-06-2013, 11:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z28bryan
I've always been a Sam supporter and probably always will be. But something doesn't seem right lately in the stranoparts business. He def seems overwhelmed. I know I definitely wouldn't want to own a business. That probably sucks!
I worked for a friend who owned a taxi service in my town. He kept getting dicked over by people stealing cash and lying about runs they did. I told him I'd offer him help, and he literally put the business in my hands for a few weeks while he went to Texas... what a headache that was. I wouldn't want to own that kind of business lol.

I called Sam the other day and he offered me good advice on LCA brackets and sway bars. No issues here.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

... I am saying there are no such things and if they were, they are rebranded. ...
Originally Posted by Zlow28
So where are these rebranded LCAs and SFC's?
i'm sorry Zlow28... did you not learn conditional statements in K-12? or did you not get that far?
Old 05-06-2013, 11:53 AM
TECH Junkie

So the main topic here was to provide evidence that the springs were the reason that the ride height was too high. I think that basically has been shown. The rest of you guys are spawning off side arguments about nothing
Old 05-06-2013, 11:57 AM
TECH Resident

My business is exciting at stressful. But I am up a challenge. But no matter if I make or lose money my customer is always taken care of first.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ChrisRZ28
Why didn't you just deal with the 'height problem' by cutting a 1/4 coil off the Strano springs (like I did) instead of spending more money on another set of springs from someone else? You obviously can take apart the front end, but cutting springs is to hard? And cutting a 1/4 coil off isn't going to change the spring rate or ride. A lot of drama for an inch of height.
Your an idiot, NO ONE on this forum will spend 200+ bucks on something
that they unknowingly would have to modify.

You buy parts to do something for your look and to perform!

Not have to be hacked up to be what you wanted in the first place.

"a lot of drama" wtf!

He didnt get what he paid for! The old bait and switch by a
"expert".

No one should have to go thru what he did over 200 bucks.

Bullshit. Stand behind the stuff u sell and don't jerk ppl around Sam.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Another BMR/Strano thread? Will these ever end?

Quick Reply: RESULTS: BMR vs Strano ride height!