Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

RESULTS: BMR vs Strano ride height!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing good would come out of it if he did anyways. Chaman and Strano will just just dissolve into arguing about the past like every other thread about springs.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Nothing good would come out of it if he did anyways. Chaman and Strano will just just dissolve into arguing about the past like every other thread about springs.
yeah but...
Old 05-08-2013, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ThoR294
yeah but...
^^ true
Old 05-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThoR294
yeah but...
like.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Launching!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Well, yesterday he responded to my first email regarding his spring's free standing height within the hour asking why I would like to know. However he has ignored my polite response to that email, plus my follow up email. I really hope he replies back and understands that ignoring it is not going to make me go away. I'll give him until Friday to respond, if not I'm going to give him a ring.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here are the Vogtland Fbody 1.2" drop springs, going on tomorrow! Along with full upgrade suspension.
Attached Thumbnails RESULTS: BMR vs Strano ride height!-vogtlandfrontspring.jpg   RESULTS: BMR vs Strano ride height!-vogtlandrearspring.jpg   RESULTS: BMR vs Strano ride height!-suspensionupgrade.jpg  
Old 05-08-2013, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RJDio
Here are the Vogtland Fbody 1.2" drop springs, going on tomorrow! Along with full upgrade suspension.
whoa there money bags... send those front A arms my way!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RJDio
I'm rocking Vogtland springs. They are low as hell but the car looks badass and they ride good IMO.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:59 PM
TECH Regular

I have to say, this situation and everything I've been seeing on the forums lately has made me not want to give my business to Strano. I've read his previous posts and had respect for a guy who has a no bullshit approach to his business/ the kind of guy who will advise customers based only on what they need. However when you run a business, its your obligation to take care of the customer and do your best to make things right of your parts are possibly defective or some other issue arises.

I'm selling those Strano springs that I took a picture of btw, pm me if interested.

Not to go off topic, but I believe Strano's bars are identical to Hellwig correct?
Old 05-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Launching!

I have to agree with Nitro above. Strano has been my go-to source for suspension stuff, but if anything goes wrong, I cannot return a defective part - that is not acceptable. I just cannot do business like that. Too much of a risk.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

again, all of this over a 300 dollar set of springs...lol
Old 05-09-2013, 07:53 AM
TECH Regular

lol I know....imagine if this was in regard to $2500 AFR heads or something...
Old 05-09-2013, 09:04 AM
TECH Regular

Since when is price a factor, unless its a part thats a couple bucks when its less effort for the buyer to just buy another part? Even then its all about principle, if you can't understand that then you never have and never will be successful as a seller or business person let alone just being an honest individual..
Old 05-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nascarnate326
again, all of this over a 300 dollar set of springs...lol
you referring to Sam or me about making a big deal over it?
Old 05-09-2013, 10:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I hope he's referring to Sam. Its not the money, while 300 isn't all that much it isn't cheap either. I think some companies lose sight of the fact that their reputation is even more valuable than their product. In this case if Sam had just swapped the springs everyone would have been happy even if they were no different at least he tried.

Instead he showed almost no support, and in the information age of today bad word will spread quick. Its sad to see companies forget that their customer service can make them or break them, seems people forget how their business got to where it is.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd like to add up the money he lost in just this thread alone.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by redbird555
I hope he's referring to Sam. Its not the money, while 300 isn't all that much it isn't cheap either. I think some companies lose sight of the fact that their reputation is even more valuable than their product. In this case if Sam had just swapped the springs everyone would have been happy even if they were no different at least he tried.

Instead he showed almost no support, and in the information age of today bad word will spread quick. Its sad to see companies forget that their customer service can make them or break them, seems people forget how their business got to where it is.
I have seen a few vendors come and go on SVTperformance..Their word was considered gospel and they started to drink too much of their own koolaid...QC started to slide, initially customer complaints were seen as one off anomalies and dismissed by members and mods alike, but eventually the mighty do fall if they do not make any attempts to correct the issues.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by redbird555

^Bingo, this is spot on!

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
I'd like to add up the money he lost in just this thread alone.
I would too, that would be very interesting to see. I have received a couple dozen PM's about this thread and how after reading through it people have deciding to go with BMR over Strano.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:07 AM
TECH Regular

I was not referring to OP's "making a big deal out it" at all. I applaud OP. However; no doubt the hurt would be more on something much more expensive. I agree that the principle is still there regardless of cost.

I find it interesting when people say, "yea but he has to deal with dumbasses all day"....well ****, doesn't he own a retail business which sells products to the public? That's just part of the job. I'm not faulting the man, I couldn't do it all day long, but that's just the nature of the business. I'm sure that Mike from WS6store deals with aggravating questions all day long, but that man is a pleasure to do business with.

Carry on.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

I work at a IT help desk for FAs who manage millions of dollars, but they can't seem to navigate Outlook....

so I feel more pain than him probably

Quick Reply: RESULTS: BMR vs Strano ride height!