Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

My CTS-V Brake Setup (Planned)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 07:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by darknessxyz
Until there's reliable source with test number showing which one doing better job, I won't take any word as 4 better than 6. I'm comparing the Gen 1 VS Gen 2.

Thing is, I've seem smoking 4 piston setup 10 times more than 6 piston after race. That's including my Gen 1 4 piston
Sounds like improper pad selection. Ever watch a NASA Camaro Mustang challenge race? Most f-bodies run stock calipers, parts store rotors, and proper pads. No smoke after a 20+ minute door to door race. There's tons of info out there on racing brake systems, including what works and what doesn't on these cars. You just have to be willing to take the time to do research and learn.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what I take from the thread is that when purely comparing CTS V 4 piston vs CTS V 6 piston there is no clear winner for HPDE/track purposes. I know that neither is a good an option as a Wilwood or Baer BBK and that a strong argument can be made for staying with the stock LS1 calipers and upgrading pads, lines, rotors, fluids (Sam Strano's suggestion which I will not argue with)...but when purely considering CTS V 4 piston vs 6 piston it would be nice to hear from more people that have actually tracked these set ups to shore up our collective knowledge base of this option. Keep it coming guys.

Quick Reply: My CTS-V Brake Setup (Planned)