Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

just installed my founders rear suspension

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 10:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just installed my founders rear suspension

Well I finally got the right grease to install my suspension with on Friday, so I decided to tackle the installation of my founders single adjustable control arms, relocation brackets, and single adjustable pan hard bar.

While the on car adjustable parts may be easier to adjust, the single adjustable ones are not all that difficult. I have one of those cars that is pretty well centered out of the factory. I set the length of the control arms at the same length as the factory arms, as well as the panhard bar. It took me a little over an hour and a half to install every thing. All my factory hardware came off without a fight, and I installed all new hardware except for the panhard bolts. Every thing limed right up, and aside from bending the inboard ear of the brake cable bracket out of the way, it was a true bolt in installation.

I haven't taken it out for a test drive yet, but I will shortly.

As far as the grease goes, after a little reading, I decided to order a tube of superlube silicone based grease for the bushings. I got it right from Grainger. It wasn't instock locally, but it was available online to be shipped. I ordered it Tuesday and had it in hand Friday.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:38 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pics plzzz
Old 06-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

I didn't snap any pics. It looks like all the other ones lol.

It did tighten up the car and change then feel of it. Wheel hop is gone, and it seems to handle a little better. I'm happy!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:48 PM
TECH Regular

I got there poly/ ball adjustable lca and sfc. Love the lca haven't installed the sfc yet.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

well its been a week and a few hundred miles...

I love it. It changes the feel of the car for the better. much more solid feel, and traction is great. I havent had it at the track yet, but street wise its awesome. no clunks, rattles, or squeaks!

Quick Reply: just installed my founders rear suspension