Rolling shots looks good too.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those look great. The white looks different but good
Old 07-29-2013, 06:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are the measurements from the top of your wheel wells to the ground? And the rocker panels?
Old 08-01-2013, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm interested in the handling characteristics of these. I could give a **** about ride quality; in fact, I want it to be as stiff as possible.

If you've driven a car with other springs before, how do these compare?
Are they really stiff as I would expect them to be? I can't find spring rates for them published anywhere.

I looooooove the lowness, that's why I'm interested. Other springs that are great for handling make the car sit too high up, and I need to be low.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fruitsalad
I'm interested in the handling characteristics of these. I could give a **** about ride quality; in fact, I want it to be as stiff as possible.
Its like the two sides of the same coin here, "stiff as possible" will handle like you are driving on ice. There is a reason we have springs and not just metal rods that hold the car perfectly still. You need suspension movement for grip, plain and simple, its about balancing that grip though.

I looooooove the lowness, that's why I'm interested. Other springs that are great for handling make the car sit too high up, and I need to be low.
And there is a reason for this. Like I said about you need the suspension to move to work. Instead of slamming the car on its bumpstops buy proper lowering springs for handling, then do the heater hose mod in the rear and the upper mount mod in the front with some 1" lower A-arms. You will retain more suspension travel but still get a pretty slammed look. If you want good handling, shocks are key as well, skimp on them and forget about good handling all together.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:23 AM
Launching!

Burkhardt Chassis has 2 inch drop spindles. Go for it!!
Old 08-03-2013, 04:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Its like the two sides of the same coin here, "stiff as possible" will handle like you are driving on ice. There is a reason we have springs and not just metal rods that hold the car perfectly still. You need suspension movement for grip, plain and simple, its about balancing that grip though.

And there is a reason for this. Like I said about you need the suspension to move to work. Instead of slamming the car on its bumpstops buy proper lowering springs for handling, then do the heater hose mod in the rear and the upper mount mod in the front with some 1" lower A-arms. You will retain more suspension travel but still get a pretty slammed look. If you want good handling, shocks are key as well, skimp on them and forget about good handling all together.

I didn't mean to come off as wanting the absolute stiffest ride possible. What I mean is I want the best handling but lowest combination possible. I realize it's not going to be "slammed."

Aside from $1k Konis, what shock do you recommend?
Old 08-04-2013, 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fruitsalad
I didn't mean to come off as wanting the absolute stiffest ride possible. What I mean is I want the best handling but lowest combination possible. I realize it's not going to be "slammed."
"best handling and lowest possible height" with off the shelf parts is going to be either something like the Koni/strano setup, or KW coilovers.

Aside from $1k Konis, what shock do you recommend?
Don't act like $740 for a set of konis is unaffordable when you've got a $3000+ rear end that's only hurting your handling at best. If you want a truly good set of shocks for lowering springs then those are the cheapest. You could however opt for a set of KW coilovers , custom race bilstiens, or Penskies, all of which will be double in price or more.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
"best handling and lowest possible height" with off the shelf parts is going to be either something like the Koni/strano setup, or KW coilovers.

Don't act like $740 for a set of konis is unaffordable when you've got a $3000+ rear end that's only hurting your handling at best. If you want a truly good set of shocks for lowering springs then those are the cheapest. You could however opt for a set of KW coilovers , custom race bilstiens, or Penskies, all of which will be double in price or more.
that's why I'm getting rid of the 9"!
Old 08-04-2013, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Car looks sexy!
Old 08-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Teching In

Stance looks awesome man! Now I'm not one for white or black rims on anything...but that actually looks really good, and different too!

Quick Reply: My flushed and stanced 00 TA on BBS'