Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Want to launch harder

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to launch harder

Hey hows it goin everyone?

Ive got a 98 Camaro with some bolt-ons, a small cam, and going to be spraying it with a 150 shot. As far as suspension goes-its got weld in subframe connectors, bmr th-400 swap cross member, a bmr torque arm, bmr panhard bar, some aftermarket shocks-(not sure what kind) and im running a pair of E/T streets.

I was wondering what i could do to make the car hook harder?

Thanks
Old 07-16-2013, 10:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look into different drag spring/shock setups.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Staging Lane

Any specific ones you would recommend?
Old 07-16-2013, 10:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffdiver86
Any specific ones you would recommend?
Sorry I can't. I thought I'd just comment and help steer you in the right direction.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:48 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks, i'll do a little research and see what people are running
Old 07-17-2013, 08:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would add some lower control arm relocation brackets and evaluate 60 ft time before and after. If your current shocks are "loose" up front (on extension/rebound) you may be transferring ok. If not, you can use a drag shock or a double adjustable Viking.

It's really about how much you want to dedicate to drag setup vs streetability.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:44 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Which BMR torque arm do you have?

The shocks are going to be a very important aspect with launching so find out what shocks you have on the car and if they are something more street oriented I would look into something like Strange, QA1, or Viking Performance adjustable drag shock. I would run 300lb hyperco coil-over springs on the front and then run whatever springs you want on the rear based on the ride height you are looking for. These shocks will help with weight transfer and will help keep the pressure on the rear tire so you can put the power to the ground.

If you still have you front sway bar installed I would remove that also because it will take some weight off the front of the car and allow more suspension travel on the front.

A good set of lower control arms and lower control arm relocation brackets will help with launching and over all straight line performance because it will allow you to adjust how much anti-squat you have in the car.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
I would add some lower control arm relocation brackets and evaluate 60 ft time before and after. If your current shocks are "loose" up front (on extension/rebound) you may be transferring ok. If not, you can use a drag shock or a double adjustable Viking.

It's really about how much you want to dedicate to drag setup vs streetability.
Ill look into the relocation brackets, and the shocks are pretty loose now-it squats great when i launch it-just wanted to see what i could do to take it to the next level.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
Which BMR torque arm do you have?

The shocks are going to be a very important aspect with launching so find out what shocks you have on the car and if they are something more street oriented I would look into something like Strange, QA1, or Viking Performance adjustable drag shock. I would run 300lb hyperco coil-over springs on the front and then run whatever springs you want on the rear based on the ride height you are looking for. These shocks will help with weight transfer and will help keep the pressure on the rear tire so you can put the power to the ground.

If you still have you front sway bar installed I would remove that also because it will take some weight off the front of the car and allow more suspension travel on the front.

A good set of lower control arms and lower control arm relocation brackets will help with launching and over all straight line performance because it will allow you to adjust how much anti-squat you have in the car.
I believe its your DOM non adjustable bolt in torque arm?

I'll look for a part number on the shocks this weekend. Front sway bar has already been removed.

Do you sell the shocks and coil overs you mentioned?

Whats involved for installing the relocation brackets?

Quick Reply: Want to launch harder