Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Most accurate/correct way to check pinion angle and other related questions?

Old 04-29-2004, 11:08 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Most accurate/correct way to check pinion angle and other related questions?

Also, whats the best setting for the drag strip? Will it vary with the car or is there a particular setting that is best for all? Lastly, if and when I do get the pinion angle set for the track, will I or should I have vibrations? Reason I ask is because Im experiencing really bad vibrations and it only gets worse as I speed up. Im almost sure that its from the pinion angle because the rear wheels/tires are balanced. Thanks.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think that the best is to have the same angle on the transmission as well as the rear-end.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:26 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive been told by a few people that -3 is usually where it hooks best give or take 1, but what Im wondering is how to measure the angle and if I can get more to verify that setting at the drag strip. Also, if I get the best angle for the strip, is it going to vibrate? Right now I have vibrations and only gets worse as I speed up, so its horrible at the track. Im trying to work on my 60 fts. and Im going down the line with a checklist trying to help them. I need to get this squared away, but I dont know how. Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Most accurate/correct way to check pinion angle and other related questions?