Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Founders Performance On Car Adjustable Torque Arm Now Available And On Sale $179.06

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 11:53 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
If anyone is interested in one in red and lives around Chicago, I'll be willing to sell my Founder's Performance bar for this 179.06 price. It's brand new and never has been installed - found out this won't mount onto a MWC rear-end.
I want it and will drive down to make the transaction that much easier.
Im sending you a PM
Old 06-27-2014, 07:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jsteele90
absolutely! I have a UMI one right now but it fits like ****. I want to try a BMR but i cant justify 260 bucks for a little piece of metal.
Sorry to hear about your fitment issues. We have always had really good feedback on our relocation kits. Did you call/email us and consult with anyone about the issue?
Old 06-27-2014, 04:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Sorry to hear about your fitment issues. We have always had really good feedback on our relocation kits. Did you call/email us and consult with anyone about the issue?
I have not. I can take pictures of the fitment this weekend and send them to you. Basicly the torque arm rests right up against the tunnel.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:13 PM
Launching!

Just how risky is it using this torque arm without using a relocation bracket? I have a very built 700R4.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:46 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jsteele90
I have not. I can take pictures of the fitment this weekend and send them to you. Basicly the torque arm rests right up against the tunnel.
Send us some pictures, we'd be glad to try to figure out what's going on! Zac@UMIperformance.com or Simon@UMIperformance.com
Old 06-30-2014, 08:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Heat Seeker WS6
Just how risky is it using this torque arm without using a relocation bracket? I have a very built 700R4.
From what I understand, it doesn't really matter if the transmission internals are built or not, but it is a lot of stress put on the tail shaft (mostly when used in race applications) and it can break the housing.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
From what I understand, it doesn't really matter if the transmission internals are built or not, but it is a lot of stress put on the tail shaft (mostly when used in race applications) and it can break the housing.
The car has 200K on it and over 6K of that is on a race track (road course) getting beat up. I guess my question is, I haven't broken a tail shaft or anything else with the (non-relocated) OEM TA in place on either of the 2 trannys that have been installed, but will the change to the FP TA somehow add stresses that can now damage it? lol this thing does not live an easy life.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Road course I'm guessing isn't as hard on it as drag strip.

An aftermarket TA is more rigid than that factory stamped piece (which is why it is better) but that pro is also possibly a reason why the tail shaft can get broken easier - the TA no longer flexes, absorbing some of the forces.

That's just a guess on my part after thinking about how it all works together.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Road course I'm guessing isn't as hard on it as drag strip.

An aftermarket TA is more rigid than that factory stamped piece (which is why it is better) but that pro is also possibly a reason why the tail shaft can get broken easier - the TA no longer flexes, absorbing some of the forces.

That's just a guess on my part after thinking about how it all works together.
Yeah that makes sense after thinking about it more and after reading your comments. The relocation bracket with it sounds logical, thanks for the input!

Quick Reply: Founders Performance On Car Adjustable Torque Arm Now Available And On Sale $179.06