Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 10:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

of course i see this after i sell my camaro haha
Old 08-28-2013, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Im so readyfor the fronts of kon's STr.T to come out so i can read into and decide if i want to get them or not.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm in the same boat
Old 09-09-2013, 12:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

The price is the price based on what information I have. There might be a Koni price change when they arrive, I can only go on the information I have right now.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 09-09-2013, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

Sam ever find out if the fronts come with the lowering perch?
Old 09-09-2013, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

Since its September know the exact date the fronts are coming in
Old 09-09-2013, 11:59 PM
TECH Resident

Are these springs better than the earlier ones this year??
So it doesn't matter the position of rear end after lowering it. So relocators are not necessary really the more I hear the more I question your answers. Maybe if the springs still do not lower you will not get any change. Yes relocators will make you bite more a very nice improvement to a lowered f body.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by js2fst
Are these springs better than the earlier ones this year??
So it doesn't matter the position of rear end after lowering it. So relocators are not necessary really the more I hear the more I question your answers. Maybe if the springs still do not lower you will not get any change. Yes relocators will make you bite more a very nice improvement to a lowered f body.
Try doing some research before you start questioning people kiddo.
Relocation brackets do not at all effect the "position" of the rear end. They change the angle of the rear LCA's. Problem is they also HURT handling by inducing more roll oversteer. The angle they are at after lowering the car is actually ideal for handling. I have relocation brackets on my car and the improvement in traction is minimal at best, while they HURT the handling. They are coming off my car. They are a "nice improvement" if all you care about is strait line racing, which if that is the case you shouldn't be lowering the car anyway as that will hurt traction over the softer stock springs.
From my personal experience will all the suspension mods, basically everything Sam has ever suggested has been spot on, while other some companies have clearly no clue what they are talking about.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:47 AM
TECH Resident

You will sit and spin unless you are near stock hp. Even then. I never heard the guy say" I am concerned about racing it."

Also my lowering experience dates back to 1982. We are on 9th fourth gen. So a little experience here.

So my recomendatation is talking to Sam and suspension and how frustrated he gets when is not sure like when all those people were complaining about lowering springs not lowering car. poor people did he ever give anybody new springs (sorry I get busy at work and have not looked at suspension section for three months.)

If he finally did good there never should have been a bunch of excuses. When things slow down at my business. I will once again look for someone who can build a high end springs and shocks for this build I will probably do Penske or something. yes I know it will cost
Old 04-26-2015, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
The price is the price based on what information I have. There might be a Koni price change when they arrive, I can only go on the information I have right now.
Hi Sam I'm hoping you can help me out. I'm a college kid on a low budget. My cars ride quality is pretty bad and I hear a pretty decent clunk of the front left when I hit bumps. I'm guessing that clunk could be something else but to get some shocks and springs wouldn't be a bad start to a suspension overhaul.
So this is where I need guidence.
I have an opportunity to buy some low mile qa1 single adjustable with hypercoil springs for 800$ shipped. Seems like a good deal but I've been getting so many mixed reviews online.
from what I understand the konis will be more reliable but there isn't any adjustments. But for 550$ with your springs they're looking very nice.
My car is a daily driver, with the occasional weekend street racing. I plan on a trans build, cam, and rear end.
I need to fix the minor things before I put thousands into it.
What is your input?
Old 04-26-2015, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

I got the Strano/Koni SA combo and I love it. Corners like it never could prior!!! You'll probably find the str.t shocks are in pretty short supply. Like they literally sell out in weeks during the sales. And Koni North America will be out having everyone waiting on back order for days. Good luck. And stick with Sam he won't sell you unnecessary crap he'll just give you his honest opinion on your needs. I love my set up!! here's the link to the current sale.....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...alue-back.html

Last edited by celtsean; 04-26-2015 at 10:11 PM.

Quick Reply: New Handling Package: "2.5"... $624 Koni STR.T + Strano Spring