Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Loud Pop Sound From the Rear Suspension Under Hard Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 11:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperSport01
A UMI or BMR torque arm relocation trans crossmember is what I think. Get the torque arm off the side of the trans. If you broke the bolts that hold the torque arm mount onto the side of the trans without breaking the trans tailshaft you're lucky. GM is retarded for putting the torque arm mount on the trans anyway.
Im gonna call UMI Monday because they make a body mounted torque arm relocation bracket that works with TSP True Duals. Now if i broke my trans tailshaft, would it be blaitanly obvious? Also would the missing bolt have made the two pops ive heard in the past?
Old 09-08-2013, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it would be obvious if you broke the tailshaft housing. So your getting this (http://umiperformance.com/catalog/in...roducts_id=201) right?
Old 09-08-2013, 05:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a 100 percent sure. Im gonna call umi and figure out what my options are. I am thinking about maybe doing a shorter torque arm but i just want to get there input on what my best options are. Im also amazed my stock 10 bolt has survived. Guess its time to start saving for a strange s60
Old 10-04-2013, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These cars make lots of noises, even when my car had 10,000 miles it made thes noises, after upgrading most chassis parts it still make these noises
Old 08-17-2021, 09:04 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperSport01
A UMI or BMR torque arm relocation trans crossmember is what I think. Get the torque arm off the side of the trans. If you broke the bolts that hold the torque arm mount onto the side of the trans without breaking the trans tailshaft you're lucky. GM is retarded for putting the torque arm mount on the trans anyway.
I 2nd the relocation. I cracked my tail housing in half doing a dyno pull not knowing that, it had already been abused a little before I got her.... but yeah, get that torque arm off of the trans !!

Quick Reply: Loud Pop Sound From the Rear Suspension Under Hard Acceleration