Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SJM ABS delete and Line Loc

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 08:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the stock and after market lines can be bent by hand. The after market stuff is much easier. I did get all of my leaks fixed, had to reflare a couple of the stock lines two or three times before I got it right. It is not impossible to do, just plan for more time than you would think.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Agreed. Auto Tech here and did it with the engine in the car. It was a pain and one fitting leaked and had to redo the flare. Hard *** lines lol
Old 12-17-2013, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just finished mine and if i were to do it again i would have bought the copper lines. i bought one for the main line that runs from passenger to driver side and it bent/flarred soooo easy. i also had my motor out so it wasnt bad at all. havent bled the system yet so i dont no if there are any leaks at the moment
Old 12-19-2013, 09:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by transamfreak01
i just finished mine and if i were to do it again i would have bought the copper lines. i bought one for the main line that runs from passenger to driver side and it bent/flarred soooo easy. i also had my motor out so it wasnt bad at all. havent bled the system yet so i dont no if there are any leaks at the moment
I also did mine with the motor out. After installing the motor and finishing the brakes before a test ride I found all of my leaks. I recommend bleeding the brakes before the motor goes back in.

Quick Reply: SJM ABS delete and Line Loc