Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Remote resevoir

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 04:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote resevoir

Can a stock 1999 Camaro, PS pump, be converted to remote reservoir?

Last edited by ART T; 01-10-2014 at 06:47 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:33 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

yes, but it is not as simple as it sounds. I did this on my old 99 ws6. I used a -10 male to -8 female reducer I believe it was, machined the male side down to fit into where the reservoir originally attached to the top of the pump. With it wedged in there and the pump off the car, I drilled a small hole at a tangent through the neck and edge of the fitting and put a roll pin through to hold the fitting in. I then ran -8 hose to an aftermarket aluminum reservoir. then plumbed the return side back with a barb fitting out of the reservoir and clamped the line onto it. I will try to see if I can dig up any pictures of it. It made for a very nice and clean setup and eliminated the leaking ps fluid into the alternator issue
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 01-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks. I have never had one apart. Does the plastic reservoir press into the pump with an o-ring seal?
Old 01-11-2014, 06:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ART T
Thanks. I have never had one apart. Does the plastic reservoir press into the pump with an o-ring seal?
It just pushes down by hand with an oring seal and a bolt or two to keep it in place if I remember correctly. The original Vortech supercharger kit had to relocate just the resorvoir to make room for the blower. You may get some ideas by going to their site and looking up the original install manual for pics.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:56 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks, that is what I had in mind.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:48 AM
TECH Regular

I was wanting to do the same thing and went as far as fabbing a remote resevior to mount to the drivers side core support.it's been a while (couple years) talked to procharger and the guy said the separate parts are no longer available. even looked at their parts list. to no avail. my buddy has a pro charger but he's not taking it apart any time soon. yeah at one time I wanted to remote reservoir and remote cooler just to keep heat down. was accually wanting to talk to turn one about fabbing for remote tank not jack your thread but I too would like pics. being that the line is not pressurized should be able to push in a barb to hose connection but, how to secure it? a hold down tab like a fork similar to the hold down for a 350 chev distributor? where to drill and tap hole to avoid conflict with internals of pump? the oldman.....
Old 01-15-2014, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

I have been debating about going to a hydroboost and if I do I want separate return lines. I have a friend that can machine the adapter for the pump. Thanks for the replies.

Quick Reply: Remote resevoir