Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What front springs to get with the KONI STR T shocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What front springs to get with the KONI STR T shocks

Im going to replace the stock decarbons with some KONI STR Ts when they get any in stock and was wondering do I need to replace the factory springs with some new ones or are they fine?? The car is 70k mile 2002 SS that is a garage queen but like to drag race it some and drive it around on nice days/nights. I want to improve traction off the line but do not want to totally ruin the handling around curves so is their a all around spring/rate to get or do you have to set the car up for drag racing only and handling only. is their a good spring to help with traction and handling?? I need advice form those that have experience in this are. I need some help in hooking the car up off the line on the street biased though. Thanks
Old 01-11-2014, 03:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Unless your factory springs are sagging and causing you car to appear lowered, or they're extremely rusty they don't need to be replaced. I'd stick with the stock springs unless you're wanting to lower your car. The softer spring rate of the stock front springs is better suited for drag racing, and with the new shocks the car will handle and ride better. I'd replace any of you suspension bushings if there's play in them or the rubber is badly deteriorated. Check your torque arm bushing, rear lower control bushing, and pan-hard bar bushings these will hurt traction (and handling) if the bushing are bad.

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 01-11-2014 at 03:49 AM.

Quick Reply: What front springs to get with the KONI STR T shocks