Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Viking rear coil-over package installed at MWC

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 12:09 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Viking rear coil-over package installed at MWC

Thanks to our awesome customer PretyBird we were commissioned to install a nicely optioned complete MWC fabricated 9" rearend, LCA, PHB, k-member, front lowers and the ever-popular MWC true subframe connectors last summer. Along with the MWC parts we set her up with the MWC/ Viking Performance 4 corner coil-over system. You can tell this car is no garage queen either- a true street and strip frequently driven hot rod.

MWC has had Viking rear coil-over shocks for a year now and have sold a whole lot of them. We have had great sucess with the Viking brand concerning quality, price, and performance. The MWC rear coil-over package does not add extra overkill parts to the system, uses a full travel shock, and still retains a rubber isolator at the top mount to keep the vibes out of the car. There are other similar coil-over systems out there that use a clevis type upper mount and a spherical upper bearing in the shock. This type of mount will transmit vibes into the car similar to how a solid engine mount works... not a huge issue but street comfort will be sacrificed. The MWC system does not have any issues like this.

We have several spring rates available and can help you select the proper setup if need be.

Best thing- MWC pricing is the guaranteed lowest you will find with the best tech help avaialble. Price of the MWC/ Viking rear coil-over package is 649.99 shipped, and includes all necessary hardware, transverse lower shock mounts, and of course spring seat bearings and spanner wrench. We include all the necessary parts for a easy install where others charge more.

Pictured below: The gold color on the shock body is anti-sieze lube required when adjusting the spring. Note: this customer ordered the rearend with our transverse lower mounts from the start so they are a welded install. The rear coil-over package will come with a similar setup, but a bolt-in lower mount that we have had for several years(MWC has used stock mount rear coil-over systems for a long time with other brands)

Last edited by ssvert99; 03-17-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how about a pic of the upper mount out of the car?
Old 03-19-2014, 12:44 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

It is the standard stud mount. The chassis is 3-4 layers thick at that point and there is plenty of strength there to support the car. We have been doing coil-over conversions like this for several years and never had a single issue.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:12 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by toadzq8
how about a pic of the upper mount out of the car?
Curious to see how you guys did this as well. I do like the lower mounts on your kit better than any of the others that have been released so far. Do you have an isolator or larger washer to help distribute the load around the stud mount hole? That is the only part that concerns me is the amount of load being concentrated on a single hole in body.

BTW those Vikings look good under an f-body
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I didn't have a before measurement of my car before I took the old shocks out. My question is what kind of ride height is this car with his screwed up that high on the shock??? I have mine less than half way at the moment but at is still on jack stands and haven't had a chance to put wheels on to see where I'm at. Where is a good starting point Eric?
Old 04-03-2014, 08:43 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I use a different spring and shock package than some others do that you may see pictures of here. I have been installing rear coil-over conversions on these cars for several years and what I use absolutely works and we have never had a single issue with the system.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Sweet!
Old 05-14-2014, 09:31 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

It is a proven package and we have had great feedback from all of our customers with the Viking shocks!

This package allows full travel, has very little road input noise(compared to a upper bearing mount) and is a simple install. Carpet removal is not required, all necessary hardware is included as well.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This setup looks nice.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:58 AM
10 Second Club

Ordered this kit today. Will post feedback an pics. Will be putting this on my F1r car.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:59 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Great choice! Give us a call if you need any help or tuning questions.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:13 AM
10 Second Club

Very simple install. just like r/r ing rear shocks. Will try an get some pics when we install the anti roll bar. Thanks Midwest. Had one minor hiccup on the shipped items, called em and was taken care of right then. Thanks again, will b giving u a call for a baseline shock set up soon.

Quick Reply: Viking rear coil-over package installed at MWC