Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What Bump Stops For Rear Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 01:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
My new sway bar end links. I need to get some spacers so I can adjust the sway bar to the softest setting, but for now I will just leave it in the middle.

I got the alignment done on Friday night, but I was too busy to take it for a drive to test everything out. Was going to take it out today, but last night Wisconsin decided to gift us with almost 3" of snow and low 30* temps.
Looks like it works out perfect.

PM sent.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
Also another question for UMI.....how did you get the test car so low? I have the coilovers turned down to the point that I can take the top coil spring retainer out when I jack the car up and it's still a little high for my taste. I am currently sitting at 27.25" at the center of the wheel well with 315/35/17s. I'm currently only showing about 30-40% of the shock shaft and I believe that Viking recommends that there be 60% of the shaft showing at ride height. I have to reread the instructions again, but I know that I don't have enough. I also need to make some limiting straps so I don't top the shocks out.

My next step is cutting the stock shock perches off the rear axle and installing some adjustable coilover brackets so I can get the shocks set up right.

Something like this:
I don't know if considered my message or not. But with the jounce bumper on the shock if you hit a big impact like a pothole you could deform the body and/or break the shock attachment. There will be nothing to prevent the tire from contacting the wheel well. I like your ideas and your setup... but the body was never intended to take that high of a load.

Brian

Quick Reply: What Bump Stops For Rear Coilovers?