Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear Suspension Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 08:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear Suspension Question

so i changed some of my rear suspension that consist of bmr non adjustable control arms bmr non adjustable Panhard bar qa1 shocks and bmr 1.25" lowering springs i also have a bmr adjustable torque arm and my rear end is a Dana s 60 not a stock 10bolt. well we put everything together adjusted the pinion angle but for some reason my torque arm hits pretty much the hole underneath of the car has anyone came across thsi before? i have read that they say to cut the bracket of the torque arm a bit were it bolts too the rear end to use the second holes it has since without cutting it hits the top of the rear end. also read that cause is lowered tends to hit the body if anyone has this similar set up how did it work for you? what did you do different any help would be greatly appriciated. thanks
Old 04-21-2014, 11:05 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Due to the physical size of the S60 you are more likely to have clearance issues with the driveshaft tunnel especially considering the fact that your vehicle is lowered and you have a non-adjustable panhard bar which pushing the rear end even further to the driver's side of the car. The first thing I would do is get an adjustable panhard bar so you can center up the rear end and see what kind of clearance you really have because centering up the rear end should provide you with some more clearance.

Here is a diagram of what needs to be trimmed on the mounting bracket of the torque arm so it will fit properly on the S60.
Attached Thumbnails Rear Suspension Question-strange-s60-diagram.png  

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: Rear Suspension Question