Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Someone school me on suspension real quick

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 08:14 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We have these on our '99 SS:

http://umiperformance.com/catalog/in...roducts_id=783

For the question above, we have the Viking front spring/shock, Viking rear shock on our 00 WS6 along with a standard 1" lowering rear spring. Eibach if I recall correctly.

For our third car ('98 Z28) we have Koni/Strano's.

To be honest, I like driving any/all of them. The WS6 works best at the strip in its current configuration while the '99 is undergoing road racing transformation and the '98 is one of our engineer's daily drivers.

ramey
Old 05-23-2014, 08:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks. do they sell the eibach springs separate or do i have to get all four?
Old 05-23-2014, 11:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lightbulb

I tend to weigh inputs a bit higher from a handling focused, track experienced vendor, http://stranoparts.com , with a gaggle of SCCA wins over straight-line folks because the OP is not focused on a strip car. Vikings are really a QA1-like multipurpose 'Jack of all trades' variant, are they not? With a street-first car, I would hue towards lifetime warranty shocks before a two year warrantied one any day.

Originally Posted by SCott5
To quote one person and not the hundred others who have had nothing but great things to say about Vikings isn't fair. That would be like me telling him not to go to the setups you mentioned because two people I know took there's off because they rode too stiff on the road and ended up going with strange on one car and Vikings on the other car. I said that mine was setup for straight line but not because of the coil overs but from the rest of the suspension and wheels and tire.

Last edited by libertyforall1776; 05-23-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:50 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000WS6TA
thanks. do they sell the eibach springs separate or do i have to get all four?
The Viking coil-over kit will come from us with 4 shocks, 4 springs, spring seat bearings, spanner wrenches, and a set of our rear shock mounts that are designed to make the shock travel without bind and support the rear weight of the car. It is a complete package that you should need nothing else but normal hand tools to install.

MWC has been doing 4 corner coil-over packages for several years and have a good handle on what springs work best for your application. We can also help you get a baseline valve setting and assist you in tuning if need be from that point.

Quick Reply: Someone school me on suspension real quick