Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

KYB AGX vs Bilstein HD / SLP

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I currently have AGX dampers, front and rear. They are getting the job done. But I will be switching to Koni STR.T or Sport SA sometime in the future.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
What's the price difference? Easy. SLP's, when in stock, do NOT have a lifetime warranty. HD's, right now... are only in stock one place and they cost more to buy, and have the warranty, hence the price difference. The "normal" price difference for the full warranty is more like $40. But this isn't a "normal" time.

I caution folks all the time to not take things they read on the 'net out of context, and I'm glad someone at least, kinda/sorta asked what the difference is. The issue is that Bilstein is out of shocks, they can't supply SLP, and my normal stock and supply of HD's is out, so I'm using a secondary place, the only place I know has them... and they cost more (probably why they have them).

All that said. None of these shocks are ideal for lowering springs. KYB's pretty well suck. The Bilstein's weren't ever meant for the job anyway, and when they were used it was with a more mild spring than you have (and I think they lacked rebound in that situation anyway).

Koni STR.T would be a better option, if there were any, but right now there aren't. Some trickle in and a few backorders get filled here and there, but no certain stock I can promise you without a backorder (and even then we have to wait). Or Koni Sports.

So you're basically saying were screwed and there aren't any decent shocks for daily driving. I guess we should all just sell our fbodies and buy a corvette like you did
Old 06-27-2014, 11:15 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a few on the shelf...

...and a few more
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 06-27-2014, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
I have a few on the shelf...

...and a few more

Run a group buy again. $600 for the full shebang and I'm in. Tired of this eibachs/agx junk I'm running
Old 06-28-2014, 05:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
So you're basically saying were screwed and there aren't any decent shocks for daily driving. I guess we should all just sell our fbodies and buy a corvette like you did
If you have the coin run some Koni SA's.
I was running those on otherwise stock suspension when I was DDing the car years ago, absolutely loved that setup. Ride was excellent (WAY better than stock) - more firm but never jarring, extremely solid feel. Handling was night and day, ridiculously well balanced and behaved in corners. You could push it right up to the limit with a ton of feel and feed back and car was just so composed.

Quick Reply: KYB AGX vs Bilstein HD / SLP