Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adjustable or non-adjustable LCA?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Adjustable or non-adjustable LCA?

I was given a set of poly/rod adjustable lower control arms from a friend of mine that need to be reconditioned and powdercoated but would be brand new for less than the cost of new. I was planning to use roto joints on the rod end side and just new poly bushings on the other but yesterday I found a set of silver BMR arms that are poly/poly that have been in the basement for years brand new. Them being silver shows how long I have had them lol.

Car is in sig and in the process of getting a Huron Speed turbo kit and related parts installed. Future rear tire plans are probably 325/50/15s so I am not sure if the adjustability of the arms is important for that or not?
Old 07-06-2014, 12:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
I was given a set of poly/rod adjustable lower control arms from a friend of mine that need to be reconditioned and powdercoated but would be brand new for less than the cost of new. I was planning to use roto joints on the rod end side and just new poly bushings on the other but yesterday I found a set of silver BMR arms that are poly/poly that have been in the basement for years brand new. Them being silver shows how long I have had them lol.

Car is in sig and in the process of getting a Huron Speed turbo kit and related parts installed. Future rear tire plans are probably 325/50/15s so I am not sure if the adjustability of the arms is important for that or not?
Well are you going to be drag racing? If so, just for fun or competitively? LCA's are usually installed to help control wheel hop. If you a serious in straight lining, adjustable is the way to go. Even more, LCA reolcation brackets. If you just want better hook up and ride better on the street, non-adjustable are a lot more affordable and will still be a BIG difference from stock. If you're wanting to tweak your suspension to get it spot-on where you like, adjustable is still a better choice on street as well if you care about the fine-print.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

You can't ever go wrong with adjustable suspension. You could sell your non adjustable and coupe some money back if you'd like
Old 07-07-2014, 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont really need em. i got non adjustable with roto joints and love em.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:26 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

You will be fine with non-adjustable as long as you are not lowered more than 1.5" or running a tire larger than 28" if you have the stock rear end. If you have an aftermarket rear (12 bolt, 9inch etc) then the adjustables may not be a bad idea to make up for any variations in mounting locations of the brackets on the aftermarket rear.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 07-08-2014, 12:31 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My car originally had adjustable LCAs on it, but I took them off and replaced them with non-adjustable LCAs due to the increased suspension noise from the adjustable versions.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
You will be fine with non-adjustable as long as you are not lowered more than 1.5" or running a tire larger than 28" if you have the stock rear end. If you have an aftermarket rear (12 bolt, 9inch etc) then the adjustables may not be a bad idea to make up for any variations in mounting locations of the brackets on the aftermarket rear.
I'm actually planning all 3 of those so I guess I will just stick the adjustables on then lol.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sell the NIB non-adj. LCAs , and recondition the adj.LCAs. Lowering won't likely throw off the centering of the rear wheels enough to need adj. LCAs, but large dia. tire and/or a 9" or 12 bolt rear end probably will.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:08 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
My car originally had adjustable LCAs on it, but I took them off and replaced them with non-adjustable LCAs due to the increased suspension noise from the adjustable versions.
This is definitely unusual because as long as the mounting points use the same parts (poly bushings, rod end, etc, etc) there should be no difference in noise or ride quality between the adjustable and non-adjustable LCAs.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: Adjustable or non-adjustable LCA?