Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

F-body 19x12 Z06 rears, control arms and relocation brackets

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 01:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F-body 19x12 Z06 rears, control arms and relocation brackets

I have a bit of a head scratcher here.

I have a 2000 Trans am, lowered on Vogtland springs which is not a huge drop but substantial. I bought a set of OEM z06 wheels and am doing the BFH mod, aftermarket control arms so the wheel doesn't hit the arm and was considering doing bolt on arm relocation kit to keep better suspension geometry.

My question is will the relocation bracket cause a new interference with the 19x12 wheel
Old 10-10-2014, 01:58 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Not at all. They only change the mounting height of the rear of the arm. it does not affect the mounting width of the arms. If this becomes an issue, we do offer our rod-end LCA's with offset spacers to accommodate a deeper wheel.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 10-10-2014, 05:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Those wheels are not, at all, a good fit on the back of a 4th gen. They have far to much offset and are 2.5" wider than the biggest stock wheel that ever came on the car. Also they are taller. I know I have lots of those rims around because I have a C6Z. And I had a Camaro too.

On the Camaro I ran a 17x11 40 offset, and it still rubbed without using spacers when on a PHB. On a Watts link I could remove the 3/8" spacers. These wheels have far more backspacing and sit much further in.

Long story short, the control arms won't hurt, or help the fitment of those wheels. I talked to a guy today running the same thing and he's already up to 1/2" of wheel spacer and that's still not enough with 305 tires on those rims.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-11-2014, 07:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got mine to fit with a 3/8" spacer, trimmed bumpstop, roll fender lip and a littler hammering of the inner fender well.

I am running 325/30/19s. I just wanted to get as much clearance as possible because currently it is only 3mm from the LCA. My previous car had less clearance than that but it also had an independent rear suspension so travel was a lot different

Quick Reply: F-body 19x12 Z06 rears, control arms and relocation brackets