Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need some advice on lowering my car...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice on lowering my car...

I want to lower my 2000 WS6 without burning a whole in my pocket. What would be the easiest way to do this. Would new springs all around be sufficient or do I need more than just that. And what brands do you suggest?Thanks.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how many miles? if i were u i would get bilstein shocks when u lower it. if u lower it lca's and adjustable panhard are a must in my book. u can get a whole kit from bmr, everything but shocks, for like 399 i think
Old 05-31-2004, 09:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by vits16
I want to lower my 2000 WS6 without burning a whole in my pocket. What would be the easiest way to do this. Would new springs all around be sufficient or do I need more than just that. And what brands do you suggest?Thanks.
It depends... if you're just looking for a cosmetic change at a minimum cost, you could cut your stock springs enough to drop it about an inch or less. Any more than that, and it might start bottoming out on you & riding poorly.

I'd hasten to point out that it's not the "proper" method to achieve the lowered look; actual lowering springs (BMR, DMS, G2 super springs, Eibach prokit, etc.) and revalved Bilsteins or Koni SA shocks to handle the new springs would give you a vastly superior ride. It would just cost more.

And yes; LCA relo brackets are a good idea too.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:35 PM
Teching In

t t t

Originally Posted by John95Z28
It depends... if you're just looking for a cosmetic change at a minimum cost, you could cut your stock springs enough to drop it about an inch or less. Any more than that, and it might start bottoming out on you & riding poorly.

I'd hasten to point out that it's not the "proper" method to achieve the lowered look; actual lowering springs (BMR, DMS, G2 super springs, Eibach prokit, etc.) and revalved Bilsteins or Koni SA shocks to handle the new springs would give you a vastly superior ride. It would just cost more.

And yes; LCA relo brackets are a good idea too.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

There are a whole lot of posts on here you should do a search.

No idea what you want to do with the car other than lower it. If you just want it lower and don't care about ride quality, handling or launching the car all you need is springs. Springs closest to your stock rate will help retain the ride.

If you lower it much (1" or more) and increase the rate of springs you will need relocation brackets for LCA, shocks and a panhard bar for the car to do any of the above well. For handling, stock shocks won't be able to handle less travel and/or high rate spring. At the strip you will get wheel hop unless you get LCA brackets. The rear end won't be centered without a adjustable panhard bar.

I have BMR LCA, LCA brackets, panhard, H&R springs, Bilstein HD revalved. Rides harsh, handles great.

All depends on what you want the car to do well.

Brian

Quick Reply: Need some advice on lowering my car...