Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Problem with ride height W/ VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 01:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Problem with ride height W/ VIDEO

So we put my rebuilt lt1 back in last week and along with multiple UMI products including, road race kmember, adjustable lca's with roto joint and delrins, torque arm relocation, adjustable phb, shocks are slp blistein w/ strano springs. The car hasn't been started yet but will be in the next week or so. I was thinking it may just need to be driven or an alignment. What do you guys think?

Old 04-07-2015, 09:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

video is private
Old 04-07-2015, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

Bump fixed the video
Old 04-07-2015, 03:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you final tighten the lower control arms with the suspension loaded? If you did that and greased to appropriate areas, make sure the spring isn't hung up and is fully seated into the isolators. Also the ride height will lower slightly after some street miles.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Did you final tighten the lower control arms with the suspension loaded? If you did that and greased to appropriate areas, make sure the spring isn't hung up and is fully seated into the isolators. Also the ride height will lower slightly after some street miles.
Yes I did it with the suspension loaded with jack stands. I'll double check everything tonight. It's just seems like a huge gap
Old 04-08-2015, 04:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Did you have and issues with lining up the 2 lower shock mount bolt holes with the bolt holes on the A-arms causing a problem with getting the bolts in, or did they go in easy ?
Old 04-08-2015, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
Did you have and issues with lining up the 2 lower shock mount bolt holes with the bolt holes on the A-arms causing a problem with getting the bolts in, or did they go in easy ?
No I had no issues getting the shock bolts in and last night I loosened the the a arms and loaded them via jack stands and re torqued them. I used the stock torque spec of 74 front and 85 rear
Old 04-08-2015, 08:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If you have just set down the car and it has not rolled the car can sit high temporarily because of how the arms swing. They move inward as the wheel drops, and the tire prevents the arms from swinging the rest of the way. Basically puts the front end in a bind. Try rolling it and/or driving. Alignment after installing stuff can make a difference also.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
If you have just set down the car and it has not rolled the car can sit high temporarily because of how the arms swing. They move inward as the wheel drops, and the tire prevents the arms from swinging the rest of the way. Basically puts the front end in a bind. Try rolling it and/or driving.
I agree!!

Quick Reply: Problem with ride height W/ VIDEO