Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bilstein Level 2 and Red Eibach springs

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bilstein Level 2 and Red Eibach springs

Decided to change out the struts on my 96 Z28 after they started to ride like crap. The previous owner threw on the red Eibach lowering springs and didn't change the struts. I decided to go with the SLP Bilstein Level 2 shocks for the front and rear and wanted to know if they are compatible with the red springs. The package SLP sells with springs come with the black springs, but I do like the look of the aggressive red spring drop. Will I damage these new shocks or will I be fine?
Old 08-07-2015, 02:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by palutZ28
Decided to change out the struts on my 96 Z28 after they started to ride like crap. The previous owner threw on the red Eibach lowering springs and didn't change the struts. I decided to go with the SLP Bilstein Level 2 shocks for the front and rear and wanted to know if they are compatible with the red springs. The package SLP sells with springs come with the black springs, but I do like the look of the aggressive red spring drop. Will I damage these new shocks or will I be fine?
I dont think I've ever seen red eibach springs for these cars, you sure they are eibach and not bmr or something else?
Either way to answer your question the shocks will not be damaged at all, worst case scenario they will just not last add long as intended.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
I dont think I've ever seen red eibach springs for these cars, you sure they are eibach and not bmr or something else?
Either way to answer your question the shocks will not be damaged at all, worst case scenario they will just not last add long as intended.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/eib-4-3138
Old 08-07-2015, 03:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ugh god sportlines? Do yourself a favor and throw those in a burning trash can so no one else can mistakenly use them.
One of the worst springs for these cars, the terrible ride quality is mostly from these springs, way too low for the spring rates causing you to slam the bump stops hard.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Ugh god sportlines? Do yourself a favor and throw those in a burning trash can so no one else can mistakenly use them.
One of the worst springs for these cars, the terrible ride quality is mostly from these springs, way too low for the spring rates causing you to slam the bump stops hard.
What would you recommend? I like the look so i would like the same drop. I care a lot about this car so price really isn't a factor.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by palutZ28
What would you recommend? I like the look so i would like the same drop. I care a lot about this car so price really isn't a factor.
That's part of the problem with the springs, they drop so low they usually put you right near the bumpstops. On top of that they are known for sagging as well.
Look into strano or bmr, that's the lowest you really want to go for functionality, handling and ride quality.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

Ok thanks for the info. I'll look into that.

Quick Reply: Bilstein Level 2 and Red Eibach springs