Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake Hard Line Routing From ABS Block

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Brake Hard Line Routing From ABS Block

So I was replacing my brake hard lines when I hit an unexpected roadblock and had to stop. I'm still waiting on the parts I need to finish the job, but I've forgotten what hard lines go where on the ABS block. The car is a 1999 NON-traction control (Non-TCS) Firebird.

Can any of you refresh my memory please? Is my picture right? Where does the brake hard line that goes to the rear of the car bolt onto the ABS block?

By "master cylinder front" and "master cylinder rear" I mean the front part and rear part of the master cylinder.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by IAmIronVan; 09-26-2015 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a 99 non TCS car so I'll try to remember to look at it.

*edit* I just went and looked. It is actually stamped on the block which port goes to where.

MC1 is the rear of the master cylinder (towards the firewall), MC2 is the front of the master cylinder. I think you have them labeled backwards on your picture.
LF is left front. You are correct on your photo.
RF is right front. That is actually a port on the backside of the block that isn't visible in your photo. It is stamped on the block on the top near the rear edge.
R is the rear line. That is where you have front passenger labeled on your photo.

I didn't have my phone with me so I didn't get any pics. I should have. I can if they would help.

Last edited by SparkyJJO; 09-26-2015 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The rears are on the back of the block. The arrow is the front lines.

Brake Hard Line Routing From ABS Block-wcts87h.jpg
Old 09-30-2015, 10:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That must be for a TCS/4 channel ABS since there are 6 lines on that block with 2 off the back edge. The 3 channel ABS block only has 5 lines, with one line coming off the back edge, and the internal routing must be different since my 3 channel ABS has them different. My old 98 and my 99 are the same.

Quick Reply: Brake Hard Line Routing From ABS Block