Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI Performance, Inc

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 02:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UMI Performance, Inc

I know I found mention of them somewhere on LS1Tech, so I can't take credit, but I've been in contact w/ a company called UMI Performance up in the North East somewhere's, and let me tell you guys, they are AWSOME!! I've just ordered my SFC's (made from the same stuff, but less $$) from them, and though I was going to buy a STB from another company, now I think I'm going to wait for UMI to come out w/ one. The personal touch from UMI is something I have never experianced before from any company. I'll keep you all posted on the quality of their products. My understanding is that they're applying to be a sponsor, and from what I've seen so far, it'll be a very nice addition to the site. If you're interested in emailing them, it's <sales@umiperformance.com> If I'm breaking any sort of rules here on site, please let me know, but as they'll be a sponser soon anyway, I didn't see any harm. Peace.
Old 06-12-2004, 08:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Good Choice, you wont be sorry!
Old 06-12-2004, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

AH..... You must be the guy I saw it from. Thanks.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Hope you don't mind me asking 2w0s060, but what made you choose UMI over such products as LG, Spohn etc (i'm assuming that you stayed away from BMR due to their breakage issues)?

Quick rundown of what i have. I recently switched over from the Ford Mustang camp and bought three days ago a 2000 Z-28 M6 with 16,900 miles on it that is bone stock from paper filter to suspension to everything. Its a steep learning curve figuring these cars out so I hope you don't mind if i ask apparently novice questions

My intentions with this car is to have a fun street car with good power. But before I get to the power (i'm trying to choose between Cartek, Rapid Motorsports and TT Performance for a 400+rwhp head and cam package that will pass the sniffer test in NY state, this alone is a headache to research!) I want to get the suspension buttoned down. Even in stock form as i have been driving it, it feels soft, a tad floaty and the panhard rod is not planting it as solidly as i would expect. Can only imagine how it will feel with an extra 100 horses or so!

Now what I'm trying to do is remove that floating feeling, wiggling of the rear axle and tipping when cornering (both steady state cornering and transition corners/s-curves). My problem is that there are so many choices out there that after having researched this forum and several other forums i feel even more confused then before. However when i was reading this post, i noticed your signature and what you ahve done to your car and it seems at least on paper like a good combination. Hope you don't mind me asking, but is it working for you and why did you choose it?

I was looking into such kits as the SLP level one package advertised on rapidmotorsports page and i would add on top of that SFC and possible STB (i'm noticing the same chassis flex in this car as i did in the mustang before i threw on sfc on that car). It only lowers the car by at most an inch, has bilstein shocks and comes with thicker sway bars and LCA's with a higher durometer rated rubber bushings (don't like what i have been reading about the poly/poly binding).

So this question is to everybody willing to reply, what do you guys think of this suspension package for a daily driver or am i wasting my time? I did a serach on this pacakge and did not find that much information (though i could be daft and simply have missed it!).

I hope you guys don't mind my newbie like post here i'm just trying to get a grip on this car as quickly as possible and spend my money wisely on good combinations!!!!

thanks guys!!!
Old 06-17-2004, 09:47 AM
Teching In

oh yes, almost forgot...the other thing i'm trying to do is get a suspension package that is all from the same company or ordered from one individual who KNOWS about suspension and chassis work, as i think this way I'll get a package where every peice is meant to work with the other. Let me know if you guys think im being stupid with this way of thinking or not!

thanks!
Old 06-17-2004, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Absolutley, the answer is NO, you're not being stupid for asking. While getting all your components from the same source is not a bad idea (kind of cool actually), it may not be as important as you're thinking either. My suggestion to you is, that you start a new thread w/ your questions (just cut and paste to save time) This post has been here for awhile, so a lot of guys may not be checking up on it, as it was started as a FYI thing anyway. Congratulations on your new ride. Wow, what a great find for a 2000 w/ such low miles.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:21 PM
Teching In

hey thanks!!!

I am going to post the new thread now!
Old 08-01-2004, 04:01 AM
Staging Lane

I have all UMI stuff, I am very happy with the customer service and with the parts quality.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by red2000z28
I have all UMI stuff, I am very happy with the customer service and with the parts quality.
Thanks Chris, you are an excellent customer. Good to hear you are pleased with everything.

Best Regards,
Ryan

Quick Reply: UMI Performance, Inc