Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Too much torque arm height? Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 01:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Too much torque arm height? Pics inside

I have what I believe is a MWC short arm (this is assuming the arm is the same as the cross member) I bought this used along with a bunch of other goodies.

While bolting it up I noticed a mark that my UMI arm left in my tunnel (where the top pivot is) and with the new torque arm in the top hole it's about 2-3" higher than my UMI arm was. I also noticed that the torque arm is "upside down"
is this too much angle? I know more angle = better traction but can you have too much?

I have yet to get the rear in, the car is fairly low. I know it's hard to tell but it's substantially higher in the top hole than my UMI in the top hole.

Thanks for any ideas.
Too much torque arm height? Pics inside-photo550.jpgToo much torque arm height? Pics inside-photo716.jpgToo much torque arm height? Pics inside-photo105.jpg
Old 01-10-2016, 09:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Mine looks like that, however, there is like 3 crossmembers for that arm. I think, and eric can clarify this, I saw them say if you have that raised crossmember like you do the torque arm needs to be flipped (because the front mount is higher) and the way its set up now is for the low bracket which I'm running.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

This thread may shed some light on your dilemma.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-question.html
Old 01-10-2016, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In a sort of late night working on the car until 3 am delirium I failed to make a proper search, which netted me the results I needed, along with your link 01ssreda4 (thanks for all the help by the way)

But for anyone who stumbles across this in the future. With the MWC true dual cross member the torque arm adjuster goes to the top (inverted torque arm)

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...m-install.html
Old 01-10-2016, 07:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

My car seemed sensitive to tq arm height. Could be because it's lowered.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm glad you got it figured out but that isn't Midwest Chassis. You can see the difference in the pictures. You are correct though our torque arm gets turned upside down for the TSP crossmember and comes with a two hole pivot link.

Last edited by MidwestChassis2; 01-11-2016 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:06 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SteenH
I have what I believe is a MWC short arm (this is assuming the arm is the same as the cross member) I bought this used along with a bunch of other goodies.

While bolting it up I noticed a mark that my UMI arm left in my tunnel (where the top pivot is) and with the new torque arm in the top hole it's about 2-3" higher than my UMI arm was. I also noticed that the torque arm is "upside down"
is this too much angle? I know more angle = better traction but can you have too much?

I have yet to get the rear in, the car is fairly low. I know it's hard to tell but it's substantially higher in the top hole than my UMI in the top hole.

Thanks for any ideas.
You have a MWC TSP duals style crossmember, but that torque arm is definitely not ours. The duals crossmember will in fact put the arm higher in the tunnel in order to get it all in there and stay above the dual pipes. Get your pinion angle dialed in as good as possible and run it.

Quick Reply: Too much torque arm height? Pics inside