Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

TCS Off light on all the time.. Why? 2000 ws6

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 08:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TCS Off light on all the time.. Why? 2000 ws6

I just put my car back together as a street car from it's prior wanna be race car life. No wiring was cut on my car so i'm a bit stumped as to why the TCS off light stays on all the time after starting the car. Once I turn the key on the tcs button will light up, then turn off and will not turn back on, and the light on the dash says TCS off. The ABS light and the brake light both are off while driving and after startup, so that rules out the wheel sensors, since if they were bad, it'd throw a light for abs. The only thing that's coming to mind is that possibly there are TCS wires ran inside the engine harness, and the harness I put in my car was from a non TCS car. Looking over the wiring diagram for the ABS/TCS it doesn't look like there are any wires really ran through the PCM harness though, and searching I can't find anything on it other than checking the fuses etc.

I have checked that the switch is grounded, and I am getting power on the pink wire going to the tcs switch. PLEASE no guesses without knowing the facts. If it's the engine harness, I can change it, but as you probably know it's a PITA, luckily I do have another laying around though that is from a TCS car. I don't want to change it without knowing though... Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: TCS Off light on all the time.. Why? 2000 ws6