Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Little Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little Help

Alright, well being as this is my first stock suspension camaro . I need some help figuring some traction issues out . What's the best springs to run ? I was wanting to lower the car, so I was thinking BMR Springs, BMR lower control arms, and some QA1s and a good set of radials . My car makes decent power, makes just shy of 500rwhp and it's got a stalled 60E behind it . Just looking for other setup ideas, what setup people are running and what you guys have had the best luck with . Keep in mind this is also a street car . Any help is greatly appreciated .
Old 01-29-2016, 09:54 AM
Teching In

174 views and no help ?!
Old 01-29-2016, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BottledLS
174 views and no help ?!
We need more info. What are your plans for your car? Sounds like you're taking it to the drag strip and having traction issues? If your car suspension is completely stock then there is a lot you can do. Are you getting any wheel hop?

BMR is a good place to start but you also say its a street car and a lot of drag parts will kill street performance.

Do some searches, there are tons of threads with fixing traction issues.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

First thing you don't want to do is lower the vehicle with lowering springs. At your power level I would go with Viking D/A up front with the proper spring rate and minimum of Viking smooth body rears and do the heater hose mod. Of course your best bet for any application is four corner coil over but at times this isn't in the budget.

As for suspension, any street/strip vehicle will perform better with an on vehicle adjustable heim/heim LCA, and PHB. They give zero binding and if you purchase from a company that uses a quality heim joint noise will be minimal.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:34 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Alright, well being as this is my first stock suspension camaro . I need some help figuring some traction issues out . What's the best springs to run ? I was wanting to lower the car, so I was thinking BMR Springs, BMR lower control arms, and some QA1s and a good set of radials . My car makes decent power, makes just shy of 500rwhp and it's got a stalled 60E behind it . Just looking for other setup ideas, what setup people are running and what you guys have had the best luck with . Keep in mind this is also a street car . Any help is greatly appreciated .
With the car still being mainly a street car I would really recommend doing a Viking coilovers on it as it will allow you to lower the ride height without sacrificing weight transfer or traction. We are not huge fans of QA1 stuff so I would either go with Strange or Viking, I personally prefer Viking because you get a double adjustable setup for just slightly more than what a single adjustable setup would cost.

Besides the shocks I would recommend lower control arms, panhard bar, and relocation brackets. If you want give me a call here at the shop (813)986-9302 and we can go over the different options and get you all taken care of.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 01-29-2016, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Alright, well to start, the car is mostly driven on the street, so hooking more so on the street is more helpful . We do a good bit of street racing around here, don't have much time to get to the track . So the car hooking on the street would mean more to me than it hooking on the track . I'm not looking to change my power level until I get some of the traction issues worked out . I have not noticed much wheel hop, a slight little bit . But nothing huge . But I also haven't launched hard on the car off of the line . Have to do a 30mph + roll or it will blow the tires off . I have read on the heater hose mod, I planned on doing that . So like I said I'm new to the camaro world, coming from mustangs so it's a little different . Car already has BMR Torque Arm and other misc stuff . Any information you guys need to help out, don't hesitate to ask . Also with the Viking coil overs, how's the price range on those ? Is there a vender on the forum ? Any help is greatly appreciated .
Old 01-30-2016, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Also with the Viking coil overs, how's the price range on those ? Is there a vender on the forum ? Any help is greatly appreciated .
You just had two vendors respond to you, and I imagine it will only be a matter of time before a third (Sam) chimes in. Can't go wrong with any of the them.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Alright, well to start, the car is mostly driven on the street, so hooking more so on the street is more helpful . We do a good bit of street racing around here, don't have much time to get to the track . So the car hooking on the street would mean more to me than it hooking on the track . I'm not looking to change my power level until I get some of the traction issues worked out . I have not noticed much wheel hop, a slight little bit . But nothing huge . But I also haven't launched hard on the car off of the line . Have to do a 30mph + roll or it will blow the tires off . I have read on the heater hose mod, I planned on doing that . So like I said I'm new to the camaro world, coming from mustangs so it's a little different . Car already has BMR Torque Arm and other misc stuff . Any information you guys need to help out, don't hesitate to ask . Also with the Viking coil overs, how's the price range on those ? Is there a vender on the forum ? Any help is greatly appreciated .
Viking right now is your best bang for the buck when it comes to shocks. We can always get you the best price on them. When you are ready to order just give us a call and we will set you up. Remember there isn't just one spring that works for all when it comes to these cars.

Quick Reply: Little Help