Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

TSP True dual and torque arm issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 09:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default TSP True dual and torque arm issue

Anyone have better pics of the installation of these? I am having issues with my tunnel mount short torque arm (BMR ) lower bracket portion is damn close to the x pipe.

If I drive everything home it seems to make it worse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 02-20-2016, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

As far as I know, the only short tq arm that works with the duals is the MWC
Old 02-20-2016, 01:24 PM
TECH Regular

I got closer.

Looks like I may have to cut off bottom holes of my bmr tunnel mount asit hits regardless. With car being lowered and my pinion angle correct I don't see it being an issue just not thrilled cutting up new stuff
Old 02-20-2016, 08:52 PM
TECH Regular

Got it!

ENded up cutting off some of my BMR tunnel mount lower portion to give the clearance.

LOUD... very loud.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm glad you got it. I have had several exhaust set ups on my car and duals is the best!
Old 02-22-2016, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Jtm2085
As far as I know, the only short tq arm that works with the duals is the MWC
Yes we do, we have a crossmember specific for TSP true duals or custom X-Pipe exhaust, no modifications needed.

OP glad to see you got it figured out.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:46 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I normally recommend the TA011/TA013 for the TSP duals. The crossmember for those tends to fit better. I had Lonnie at Texas Speed test one of these setups when we first developed them and he found the straight across crossmember fit better and had extra clearance with some shims added. But if you got it to work, that is good. Can you get me pics of what you modified to work with it? Curious to see in case someone else runs into this

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 02-22-2016, 02:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
I normally recommend the TA011/TA013 for the TSP duals. The crossmember for those tends to fit better. I had Lonnie at Texas Speed test one of these setups when we first developed them and he found the straight across crossmember fit better and had extra clearance with some shims added. But if you got it to work, that is good. Can you get me pics of what you modified to work with it? Curious to see in case someone else runs into this

I have the TA012 mount as i have the tunnel mount torque arm.

I also have a TA013 mount also that was made to try and clear my TSP Y pipe touching issues and some spacers however as low as my car seems to be i would need a lot of spacers its seems to clear the 3" true duals so i went with the TA012 mount.

I was never able to get the true duals tucked up more no matter what i did (could be user error)

I am attaching a picture that shows where I trimmed my TA012 to make it seem to work (still very low in car however I am running my BMR spings)

My pinion angle is approx 2 degrees according to the gauge when adjusted after doing lowering springs.

Let me know if you need more or have more ideas on how to make it work better as currently nearly impossible for me to get out of my driveway.

Rough cut i did

NOTE: I moved my clam shell mount up one set of holes also after this pic was taking to make angle correct on pinion and therefore i have set of holes below what i am using and i believe its one set above. I cut off two sets approx giving approx 1/16" - 1/8" clearance between top of x pipe and mount. It was a little greater than that tell i scraped it putting back in garage

Quick Reply: TSP True dual and torque arm issue