Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

panhard bar options

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 08:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vlad1995
Im not worried about the harsher ride but as a college student every dollar counts. I dont mind saving up a little longer for a better part if its necessary. But on a panhard bar is all the extra articulation necessary?
I know that college grind man, Midwest chassis is the best guys I have done business with by far. Very reasonable, they will beat any price you can come up with also, which is the way it should be. I will continue taking my business to them.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96LT1Z
I know that college grind man, Midwest chassis is the best guys I have done business with by far. Very reasonable, they will beat any price you can come up with also, which is the way it should be. I will continue taking my business to them.
I absolutely agree, I've only had one experience with them but it was a great one. I made a post about my none adjustable panhard bar that i pulled off my wrecked firebird, and they pointed out that it was missing a bushing, they offered to send me one free of charge. It is very nice having that kind of sponsors on here. Although for this purchase I decided to go with founders poly/poly panhard bar simply because the price is really good. I am definitely looking forward to doing business with Midwest Chassis.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vlad1995
I absolutely agree, I've only had one experience with them but it was a great one. I made a post about my none adjustable panhard bar that i pulled off my wrecked firebird, and they pointed out that it was missing a bushing, they offered to send me one free of charge. It is very nice having that kind of sponsors on here. Although for this purchase I decided to go with founders poly/poly panhard bar simply because the price is really good. I am definitely looking forward to doing business with Midwest Chassis.
Be careful calling vendors, you'll start wanting to rebuild your 10-bolt then the next thing you know you put a deposit down on a decked out FAB9.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blackandgold
Be careful calling vendors, you'll start wanting to rebuild your 10-bolt then the next thing you know you put a deposit down on a decked out FAB9.
Funny that you mention it, Ive been debating just that haha. A full rebuild would run at least 1500$ for parts alone. So the FAB9 is looking better and better haha
Old 03-11-2016, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blackandgold
I'm gonna guess you have some personal experience with this?
Old 03-13-2016, 11:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Founders Performance
If you are looking for something more aggressive we have this one.

http://www.foundersperformance.com/o...poly-bushings/

We designed the forged poly ends on this one to be the same size as a rod end. This allows our customers to purchase rod ends and the spacers so they can swap back and forth. We have customers that use the poly ends on the street and then when they go to a track day they swap in the rod ends.
I've been running your double rod end on mycar for a few weeks now with no issue. Maybe a little increased noise at lower speeds but nothing major. Reason I went double rod end with it is because I've been running one on my Lightning for probably 4 years or so and maybe 60K with zero issues, and Lightning didn't even come factory with a panhard bar.

I do like the idea of your single adjustable bar that you can set and tighten on the car for a nice street car bar.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

what makes one Panhard adjustable "on car" vs another just adjustable?
Does that mean some "on car" adjustable panhards can be tightened or loosened with the suspension loaded and the others the car would have to be jacked up?

I doubt it is good or even possible to move the rear side to side without lifting the car up.

Thanks
Old 04-10-2016, 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tigersooner
what makes one Panhard adjustable "on car" vs another just adjustable?
Does that mean some "on car" adjustable panhards can be tightened or loosened with the suspension loaded and the others the car would have to be jacked up?

I doubt it is good or even possible to move the rear side to side without lifting the car up.

Thanks
Literally just means don't have to take the two bolts that hold it in place out to get your adjustment done.

Quick Reply: panhard bar options