Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hawk HPS 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 04:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JimMueller
Two of the guys left Carbotech and formed G-Loc. One reseller is listing the G-Loc compounds as being the same as the Carbotech, with a different name but slightly lower cost. At this point I don't understand the benefit other than slightly lower cost.
My understanding is they did not like the direction of the company, but liked the product and helped start the company. So left the company and started it new. Hence the lower costs being part of the model and direction.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RAMPANT
My understanding is they did not like the direction of the company, but liked the product and helped start the company. So left the company and started it new. Hence the lower costs being part of the model and direction.
Pretty good write-up on their website that seems to explain it more: http://www.g-locbrakes.com/about-us/

They also wanted to be able to make more products and are in the process of doing exactly that now.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay so update with the HPS I got for my v conversion. They only seem to squeek after I drive for more than 20 minutes or do one or two hard stops. Then it gets really bad. Sometimes its just random. Its very annoying as I daily it.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I just ordered a set of these pads and new rotors and I will have them on by next week. I'll let you know if mine does the same, I hope not.

Quick Reply: Hawk HPS 5.0