Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

G2 Springs no more!? (+small rant on LG)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fabrication time does seem to be one of LG Motorsports few problems...I had to wait about 12 weeks to get a torque arm. My only problem with the wait was that I had to initiate all of the customer service encounters and Lou had no idea that there was a problem until I asked to speak directly to HIM.
In the end, everything was resolved and I am definitely happy I went with the G2 torque arm. It is a very high quality piece.
LG Motorsports has problems just like every other shop, and I'm sure everyone understands that. It's how those problems are handled that sets one shop apart form another.
I'm happy with LG Motorsports for my purchases and will order more products from them, I just won't expect them in a very timely manner.

As far as the springs go, Lou used to use the Hypercoils before he developed the G2 spring, so those may be a good choice for you. I have them on my car with custom valved Bilsteins and they ride WAY better than stock.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Mitchntx,

Regarding the refund offer in Feb. I realize that smash was offered a refund or replacement with Eibachs, but he was also told that the springs were on order from the manufacturer. That was a lie. He was not told that they were waiting for enough people to purchase the springs before they placed the order. I have spoken with smash privately about the whole encounter.

I guess I'm just really mad because I've had a number of bad customer service incidents recently and this one just set me off. I spent over $1K on a digital camcorder from Panasonic only to have the firewire connector break off. I called Panasonic and they said that it was a wear item and that I would have to pay for the repair along with the shipping and insurance cost to and from their only service center in Ohio, all to the tune of $500. Half the cost of the camera for a tiny connector (of course the camera is useless without the connector).

This is just one of many auto and non-auto related customer service problems I've encountered. Just yesterday I went to Discount Tire to have my special order tires installed. They got one of them installed in no time, balancing the rim with weights on the inside (good job). But then about 25 minutes later they came inside and told me that they had forgotten to get the second tire off of the truck and that I would have to come back today to get it installed. Okay...a bit of a pain but understandable. Then I watched in horror as the tech put new weights on the other wheel that was off of the car, ON THE OUTER LIP! Ugh.. So today I call them (they were suppossed to call me) and ask about the other tire. They tell me it's not in yet, but *should* be in tomorrow.

I guess I've just had enough of the BS that people are putting out there just to make a buck or to brush aside any problems.

I feel like smash has simply been strung along and lied to for 7 months and I find that unacceptable. I kind of wonder why it doesn't bother anyone else that LG is still accepting on-line orders for springs without so much as an asterisk on the website stating the situation. Or even worse, that they are taking orders over the phone for springs without explaining the situation.

Once again, it's not the circumstances, it's how the circumstances have been handled.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:36 PM

ws6-Speed
I understood exactly what you were saying. I've never liked being led along either. The other day I had to cancel an order from a supply house for a Scribner fuel jug and funnel after 3-4 weeks of waiting. Come to find out they couldn't ship it to me because they can't ship or receive red fuel cans in The Peoples Republic of California. It's some sort of EPA clean air thing. Nobody even bothered to contact me, even though they said they would. I always had to initiate a call. Oh well, it's one of those things, that you just have to let slide, and go elswhere.

Last edited by sawedoff; 06-17-2004 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sawedoff,

That is the kind of crap I hate. They just don't take the time to figure out what's wrong. Somebody knows what the problem is, but whoever that person is doesn't inform everyone else.

You're right though, life's too short and you just need to let it slide.......
Old 06-19-2004, 09:22 AM
On The Tree

I bought a set of G2 springs recently on ebay. They were blue like my 98 NBM Formula WS6. I heard some good stuff about them so I got them for 185 shipped. I installed them with Koni DA's in the front and Bilsteins on the bach. The look is perfect (1" drop) and the ride is unbelievably nice. Very stock like except firm and accurate handling. 4 people are fine and I love the ride. Not quite as low as the Eibach prokit but worth twice as much.

I have a 98 T/A WS6 with eibach pro kit springs, bilstein Hd's and large Addco bars and Hotchkis STB. The drop looks awesome with 19 rims(1.5" drop). The T/A rides a little rough but handles like its on rails. Very nice worthwhile improvement except 4 people are probably too much weight for the rear springs and the ride isnt so great.

In summary GET the G2 springs for whatever you can and dont look back. IF you have too, do a search on ebay for g2 springs and then do "save this search". Ebay will send you an email when they become available.
Old 06-19-2004, 03:31 PM
FormerVendor

20K IS a bunch of $$. And to be honest, I saw a set of G2 springs on the ForSale section that did not sell for quite a while.

We offered the refund because we thought that it would take too long to get and was not profitable to have these springs built for the discontinued F body. I have too many parts that are on the shelf that will never sell, and we didn't want to invest money that would not turn over at least 3 times per year.

In a normal business, a product should turn 5 times a year. In this business, with the margins like they are, and the fact that in most consumers minds, any profit that we make is too much, we decided that it was not a prudent investment.

We offered the refund and will still give the refund or a credit on anything in the house, and at a discount.
We do plan to build the G2 Springs, but to offset the expense, we are planing to get them done at the same time that we do some new GTO springs.

We try hard to built parts that are not the run of the mill for the performance market. We seem to get slammed on the internet, even when we do the right thing.

We make Horsepower, and it takes 6 months for the internet to stop calling us liars. We build things like the G2 Springs or our Coil over packages, after spending time at the race track to sort them out and get flamed by self proclaimed experts who feel it necessary to pump up their own spring or shock choice or to pump up their favorite vendor. Frankly, the joy is taken out of most that gets done for the LS1 crowd.

So, I appologize for any inconvenience with regard to the G2 springs. I agree that Life if too short. In 100 years, none of this will matter.

thanks and we will keep trying to please everyone, but when we can't, we will try harder next time.

Thanks guys

Lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports
Old 06-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
We make Horsepower, and it takes 6 months for the internet to stop calling us liars. We build things like the G2 Springs or our Coil over packages, after spending time at the race track to sort them out and get flamed by self proclaimed experts who feel it necessary to pump up their own spring or shock choice or to pump up their favorite vendor. Frankly, the joy is taken out of most that gets done for the LS1 crowd.
I've only purchased one part from you, LCAs with the poly/rod end combination. It is the best quality part for an F-body that I've bought and I'm waiting anxiously for your K-member to come out. I've been around the internet community talking about cars since the mid-90s when I was going to college. I started playing around with 3rd gens and have replaced/modified almost every component of the suspension. So I have some perspective. The bashing you've received is above and beyond others, particularly when one considers that you stand behind your products, make ones with excellent quality and developed them on the race track. Also, I think jealousy is part of what makes you a target; how many of us would like to race and be successful at it. I'm no ones cheerleader and rarely post but I know who makes the best suspension components out there. Keep up the good work and get that K-member out there, I'll snap one up as soon as its available.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LG,

I've said this multiple times now. It's not that your products are bad. They aren't. They're arguably the best products available. What is extremely poor is your communication to your customers. You CANNOT accept an order for a product that you "aren't sure" that you are going to make. Furthermore, you do have a responsibility to the customer to inform them of the expected timing, particularly when it's going to be a year or more for the product to ship. Nowhere on your web page does it state that your springs are not in stock. And at no time was Smash ever informed that it would take more than 7 months. In fact, he was told that the springs would be made in mid-February. Then he was never contacted about any further delays. I realize that you have a lot of customers, but when someone has been waiting on product for as long as Smash had been waiting, you owe him a phone call or an e-mail.

Once again, I'm not bashing your products, they're excellent. I am bashing your communication. Simply offering a refund isn't good customer service. You haven't "done the right thing" because the right thing would have been to contact anyone who was waiting on springs and telling them about the delays and expected timing, along with offering a refund/exchange.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give it up, brother.

Do you not see you are the only one posting that is pissed off? The funny part is you are totally unaffected by the transaction ... you're just pissed.

You've made your point 4 times in this thread ... we get it. Maybe you should look at BMR parts for your application. They spit parts out by the thousands ...

I don't like being left in the dark either. But in the grand scheme of things, I'd prefer a developer working to make my car faster and not having to camp on the internet. I can always call ... but that's me.

Move on ... **** happens.

While you are in full rant mode, why don't you jump in the middle of this **** as well ...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/removed-locked-thread-graveyard/184206-royally-pissed-off-qtp.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/167160-list-all-patriot-head-problems-encountered.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/183671-comp-r-lifters-fail-pics-what-would-cause.html

Last edited by mitchntx; 06-20-2004 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-20-2004, 03:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah, there's always something to bitch about...
Old 06-20-2004, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

Fine springs arent they?
Old 06-22-2004, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mitch,

You're right. I think it's just that I've had at least a half dozen customer service related problems in the last month and this one just set me off. Anyhow, I've spoken to Smash and he went with the Pro-kit and still wasn't told by LG that the springs were being made with the GTO springs. I had to tell him that LG posted about it in this thread .

Anyhow, moving on and turning off rant mode

Quick Reply: G2 Springs no more!? (+small rant on LG)