Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake lines and fittings replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 10:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Brake lines and fittings replacement

I'm replacing all the rusted hardlines and fittings in my 1994 Z28. I don't want to deal with bending hardlines and playing with flare tool. Will I have any issue in brake pressure if I replace the whole system with -3AN fittings and stainless braided lines? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated, thank you.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOLO
I'm replacing all the rusted hardlines and fittings in my 1994 Z28. I don't want to deal with bending hardlines and playing with flare tool. Will I have any issue in brake pressure if I replace the whole system with -3AN fittings and stainless braided lines? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated, thank you.
I've done a hard line from the ABS block to the rear end before. I was worried about bending it correctly and kinking it, but in reality it was much easier than it looked. I pulled the entire hard line out in one piece and then went to Napa to match up the correct fittings at both ends of the hard line and ended up with two 6 foot lines and a 9 inch line. Took 15 minutes to bend the new lines by hand close to the old line. The new line fit in all of the factory holdings, with a little bit of persuasion, but all is well. The best part is that the Napa lines come pre-flared and it's not pricey for the job either.

As far as your question though, I really don't know. I'd personally feel more comfortable doing hard lines plus it'll most likely be cheaper as well

Quick Reply: Brake lines and fittings replacement