Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

thoughts on ebay 4th gen front tubular lower control arms??

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question thoughts on ebay 4th gen front tubular lower control arms??

any install yet?

if i get those i will replace the ball joint for a moog unit

Attached Thumbnails thoughts on ebay 4th gen front  tubular lower control arms??-ebay.jpg  
Old 06-30-2016, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Main question- why?
Old 06-30-2016, 11:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ebay is just a store, not a brand.

So, what brand are they?

If it is unlisted, I wouldn't touch them. If they're poor quality you could wreck your car, quite literally.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I've never been keen on the pedestal style mount for the shock/coil. Always worried something like that would taco or the welds would fail.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Seems like an awful lot of force applied to a fairly small area. I know a number of guys here had run tubular arms on the street and had bending issues with those mounts.

Only way I'd run a set is if it was a track car that would never see potholes.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SteenH
Main question- why?
why not?

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Ebay is just a store, not a brand.

So, what brand are they?

If it is unlisted, I wouldn't touch them. If they're poor quality you could wreck your car, quite literally.
because theyre are a copy of a suspension parts sponsor here, just do a search on ebay ... yes the store.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

My question would be why would you replace a brand new, perfectly good and pre-assembled ball joint with a Moog ball joint?

It's not like you would likely notice any difference in the ride quality or handling between the two.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stuffs
why not?

because theyre are a copy of a suspension parts sponsor here, just do a search on ebay ... yes the store.
Could easily a bad copy.

Maybe buy them then and let us know how it goes? I'd never run tubular arms on the street as I said, but others may be interested.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Those look identical to my PA Racing arms. My guess is they will probably be fine for normal use. Due to the design though serious street abuse may f them up.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:38 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 06-25-2017, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Any experience with these control arms????
Old 06-26-2017, 06:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
.......Only way I'd run a set is if it was a track car that would never see potholes.
I agree.

Originally Posted by JROC
My question would be why would you replace a brand new, perfectly good and pre-assembled ball joint with a Moog ball joint?

It's not like you would likely notice any difference in the ride quality or handling between the two.
Yes, you possibly could. There are basically two kinds of suspension parts, these days. Either 1st quality Moog, or crappy, worthless, "Chinese copy" parts. Which one would you want on your car?
Old 06-27-2017, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I wouldn't trust those on the street, strip only.....maybe, but probably not. save for another week and get a reputable brand. If your car sees lots of street miles go either UMI boxed or reload the stockers with new bushings/ball joints.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

They directly copied our a-arms

And honestly, the price isn't that much less ours. So by the time you spend $60 on ball joints and get them pressed in you might be better to purchase right the first time? Just a thought.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

They do look like copies of UMI except for the weird looking ball joint. Seems kinda F'd up to ask about rip-offs of site sponsor's parts on this site.

Like "Hey, a reputable sponsor developed these parts, spent a lot of time and money making them and now this company on ebay is selling Chinese made rip offs for half the price! F the sponsors! The sponsors even pay money to be on here to advertise and help us all out with questions! Yeah!!! F em good!! Yeah for me!! I win while the sponsors get F'd in the A. Yeahhhh!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!"

I'd prooooooooooobably pass on them.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

The ball joint in the picture just has a shipping cap on it and is removed before assembly. As for ball joints you will not notice anything in ride but you may notice longevity will not be the same as a quality ball joint.

What you need to fear is the use of a cheap heim joint that will have a shorter life than anything else. They will rattle and make noise because they are not teflon lined like we use. Also you will have to take into consideration that the poly mount will most likely be nothing more than a turned down chunk of rubber with a short life and once they wear away you will have a hard time finding replacements.

Now to the material itself for the arm, you have no clue if they used thin wall stuff that could have issues on a street driven vehicle. Like many have mentioned companies have had the same issue with the arm itself bending and the shock mount bending.

When I see these things I think to myself I am not sure how saving money on certain things is worth it. If you get a bad part who are you going to fall back on? You think an Ebay Store cares if they get bad feedback, as feedback means next to nothing anymore on there. You purchase from a reputable company not only will you get quality you will get support for years to come because places like Midwest Chassis, BMR, and UMI are here for the long haul and they are not only manufacturing parts they are using the parts they sell. Never understood spending money on something but using the cheapest you can find risking your investment because you purchased something cheap. Cheap with suspension items means cheap quality it is that simple. No one is buying at better prices than the top known vendors and trust me as competitive as the market is we are still all using quality and cut profit to a minimum to keep the employees their jobs.

Now to discuss tubular suspension and street driving. If an item is built properly there will be zero issues with street driving with these parts and most likely if you did damage to a tubular suspension item it would happen to a stock item. Dirt track vehicles, offroad vehicles, prostreet vehicles, street rods, road race vehicles, daily drivers, and so on all the way back to the 70's all have had tubular suspension on them with some Motorsports putting them through worse conditions than a street car will ever see.

This is just one persons opinion after being in this hobby for 27 years myself not including all of the owners invested time in this hobby.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:51 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis2

Now to discuss tubular suspension and street driving. If an item is built properly there will be zero issues with street driving with these parts and most likely if you did damage to a tubular suspension item it would happen to a stock item. Dirt track vehicles, offroad vehicles, prostreet vehicles, street rods, road race vehicles, daily drivers, and so on all the way back to the 70's all have had tubular suspension on them with some Motorsports putting them through worse conditions than a street car will ever see.

This is just one persons opinion after being in this hobby for 27 years myself not including all of the owners invested time in this hobby.
You have 7 on me ..I'm a young'n only at 20!

But yeah, repeatedly hitting rumble strips (gators) or dropping a wheel or 2 on a racetrack near or above triple digits is going to put your stuff through forces most street cars aren't going to see unless you're going pothole hunting or curb slapping.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Heat Seeker WS6
You have 7 on me ..I'm a young'n only at 20!

But yeah, repeatedly hitting rumble strips (gators) or dropping a wheel or 2 on a racetrack near or above triple digits is going to put your stuff through forces most street cars aren't going to see unless you're going pothole hunting or curb slapping.
I'm in my early/mid forties actually I just don't count the non driving years but you are right a street driven vehicle will never see the abuse of a performance vehicle especially if you are considering vehicles that play in the dirt.

Quick Reply: thoughts on ebay 4th gen front tubular lower control arms??