Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Routing brake lines

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 11:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Routing brake lines

Having difficulty getting the brake line to go back in the right spot after motor re-install. And how to route them around the K-member.
Thinking about just changing it all out to steel braided lines but don't know if that's the what to go.
Any pics or advise would be welcome. Thanks
Old 08-14-2016, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I just finished installing all new SS brake lines. The line going to the passenger front goes under and in front of the steering rack along the top of the K member. It then goes under the passenger side of the rack, around the front of the frame and then around to the hose bracket. Hope this helps. Here's a pic of the front portion.
http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/a..._150622182.jpg

Last edited by xny1989; 08-14-2016 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-14-2016, 04:58 PM
Teching In

Thanks
Old 08-17-2016, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

I just did the SS brake lines as well, from Classic Tube. My passenger rear line was wrong (had to mangle it to get it on, seems it was bent in reverse...lucky for me I'll need a new one when I do my rear end swap!), but the rest went on easy (unlike the SS fuel lines I had made up elsewhere, what a bear!). SS lines will serve you well, I hope to never have to do these again.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by szalkerous
I just did the SS brake lines as well, from Classic Tube. My passenger rear line was wrong (had to mangle it to get it on, seems it was bent in reverse...lucky for me I'll need a new one when I do my rear end swap!), but the rest went on easy (unlike the SS fuel lines I had made up elsewhere, what a bear!). SS lines will serve you well, I hope to never have to do these again.
I used the same ones. The biggest challenge for me was getting them all to fit and line up in the engine compartment because I had to mangle them a little to get them in there in the first place. It was a real chore to get them to tuck under the engine compartment heat shield too.

Quick Reply: Routing brake lines