Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Drag Racing - Comp rears to Viking rears

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 07:37 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Drag Racing - Comp rears to Viking rears

Thinking about changing up the rear shocks in my Camaro. It's a turbo car, leaving off the footbrake, and consistently cuts low 1.4X 60's and I even squeaked a 1.38 in there. Right now I have the cheap Comp Engineering drag shocks that have been on the car for 4 years. I do quite a bit of street driving as well.

My question is, will switching to a Viking Double adjustable potentially do anything for my 60'? I am guessing that the Vikings will make for a more enjoyable ride when I drive it, but I am after the performance increase mostly. Right now the car seems to work pretty well at the track and I am honestly afraid to change anything, ha. Just looking for expert opinions on possibly making the switch.

FWIW the Comp shocks are on the 50/50 setting.

Here's a couple videos of the car leaving.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's very safe to say any time you have the ability to adjust both compression and rebound individually on shocks in a drag application you will improve performance and times.

With double adjustables you can get them close with the "generic" settings,but if you take the time to tune them to your specific set-up the results can be huge.

Craig
Old 08-17-2016, 08:31 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

There's a good chance that your comp engineering shocks are not sufficient enough for your setup, but the Viking shocks have been awesome performers. We have had zero issues with quality and they do carry a great 2 year full warranty.

We have a lot of experience with the Viking shocks(as well as many others) and can give you the proper setup recommendation as well as any install tech you need.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:32 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you both for the responses. If it makes any difference I currently have Strange SA's upfront. It does sound like that by making the change it will help.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:04 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I think the strange singles on the front will be fine I personally have been 1.30 sixty's with the strange single all the way around.

Quick Reply: Drag Racing - Comp rears to Viking rears