Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension help plz

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Suspension help plz

Car currently has 130k miles. Car has lived its whole life in Arizona, outside in the blistering heat. For that reason alone, im sure bushings are shot. Rear end is nice and solid as i have tubular rear control arms, bilstein shocks, and panhard bar. Car is a 1le so I'm assuming i have larger sway bars as well. I have noticed, however getting used to, a very sloppy front end. Seems like when I'm on the brakes hard, after a "race", front end seems mushy/ floaty! Its kind of dangerous even though I'm getting very good at controlling it. What all do you think might be contributing to this? Shocks are good, and tires are new. Do you think a bushing kit would resolve the issue?
With the car being a 1le, i cannot find a bushing kit that will fit unless I'm mistaken. What is the most cost effective way of making my front end more solid
Old 08-29-2016, 04:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by pozesd99'
Car currently has 130k miles. Car has lived its whole life in Arizona, outside in the blistering heat. For that reason alone, im sure bushings are shot. Rear end is nice and solid as i have tubular rear control arms, bilstein shocks, and panhard bar. Car is a 1le so I'm assuming i have larger sway bars as well. I have noticed, however getting used to, a very sloppy front end. Seems like when I'm on the brakes hard, after a "race", front end seems mushy/ floaty! Its kind of dangerous even though I'm getting very good at controlling it. What all do you think might be contributing to this? Shocks are good, and tires are new. Do you think a bushing kit would resolve the issue?
With the car being a 1le, i cannot find a bushing kit that will fit unless I'm mistaken. What is the most cost effective way of making my front end more solid
Why does the car have bilstiens on it, did you put those on? Front and rear or just rear? If so what kind of miles do they have on them? Usually floaty means lack of rebound dampening with the shocks, but could be other things as well if parts are worn or damaged.
The moog bushing kit will fit a 1LE:
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7
Get under the car and check to see that the front swaybar endlinks are still intact and not broken or cracked.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Shocks were comletelt blown.... So bilsteins were an economical change due to my 50% discount on their products lol
Old 08-29-2016, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dont know if floaty is the correct term. Steering seems very loose once alot of weight is transferes to the front ie: braking hard

Quick Reply: Suspension help plz