Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Kenny Brown LCA's for 4th Gen?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 08:12 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Kenny Brown LCA's for 4th Gen?

I'm buying adjustable LCA's from someone who just pulled them off a 4th gen. They are Kenny Brown serial no. 034293.

Now I figured since these are coming off an f body that they are for an f body but I was doing a little research and can't find anything about them. Kenny Brown seems to deal mainly with Mustangs and the only thing I could find of his for 3/4th gens are strut tower braces and SFC's

Anyone have any info on these? Thanks!
Old 10-12-2016, 09:03 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The mustang control arms are going to be shorter compared to the fbody control arms. Are the double adjustable?
Old 10-12-2016, 09:13 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

^ This. They may have made them work by running the adjustments out, but I would have concerns about thread engagement left if they have been run out to make up the nearly inch difference between mustang and f-body arms. Run one of the rod ends all the way out and see how much thread engagement is left threaded into the tube

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 10-12-2016, 09:28 AM
Launching!

Thanks guys! They are single adjustable with rubber bushing at both ends. I definably don't want Mustang control arms with little to no meat on the threads like you said, if that's the case I think I'm going to pass on them.

I was really curious if KB ever made these for the 4th gens. They're definably not new and I was reading forums that KB made parts for 3rd gen cars years ago so I figured there might be a chance it's actually for my 4th gen.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:41 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

See if you can get a measurement of them center to center of the bolt holes. It should be about 19-1/4". Then double check the thread engagement as stated. It is possible that they are older f-body arms, but just would like to be safe than sorry when getting them

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 10-12-2016, 09:43 AM
Launching!

Out of curiosity and not being able to find anything on the net, I called KB and they referenced the serial number and they are in fact 82-02 F body LCA's from way back in 2001.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

My concern would be the life left in the poly bushings.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 118 Posts

KB used to have a good variety of stuff for the 3rd & 4th gens. With the 3rd & 4th gens now 14-34 years past production,not surprising what's available from KB has diminished to a low variety.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:03 AM
Launching!

I was worried about the bushings myself, KB told me they don't stock replacements but there should be a part number on them and replacements should be available.

Even if I can't find replacement bushings, I'm not spending much money on them and I'm sure they'll be an upgrade from the stock 22 year old LCA's when I go to lower the car.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by StoneColdLT1
I was worried about the bushings myself, KB told me they don't stock replacements but there should be a part number on them and replacements should be available.

Even if I can't find replacement bushings, I'm not spending much money on them and I'm sure they'll be an upgrade from the stock 22 year old LCA's when I go to lower the car.
Why not just load up new moog bushings into your stockers?
Old 10-16-2016, 10:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blackandgold
Why not just load up new moog bushings into your stockers?
Stocks aren't tubular or adjustable
Old 10-17-2016, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Stocks aren't tubular or adjustable
Why do you need tubular and adjustable? Are you getting crazy wheel hop? Relo brackets would help more. Did you install a weird size rear and need to recenter it? LCAs are an overrated "upgrade" IMO, only reason I have tubular adjustables was to center up my 9".
Old 10-18-2016, 07:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blackandgold
Why do you need tubular and adjustable? Are you getting crazy wheel hop? Relo brackets would help more. Did you install a weird size rear and need to recenter it? LCAs are an overrated "upgrade" IMO, only reason I have tubular adjustables was to center up my 9".
I don't need them, I'm planning on lowering the car and was buying LCA relocation brackets and an adjustable panhard bar from the seller and he gave me a good price for all that plus the LCA's, I just wanted to make sure they were for an F body and I wasn't getting something for a Mustang.

Maybe I'll use them, maybe I won't, but I do plan to track (AX and RR) the car and eventually get a 12 bolt, or maybe an 8.8 when my 383 is done, so I do see some need for them down the road. Even with the stock 10 bolt, carving some corners on the track, I can see tubular LCA's doing more good than harm, especially compared to the stock stamped LCA's.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't need them, I'm planning on lowering the car and was buying LCA relocation brackets and an adjustable panhard bar from the seller and he gave me a good price for all that plus the LCA's, I just wanted to make sure they were for an F body and I wasn't getting something for a Mustang.

Maybe I'll use them, maybe I won't, but I do plan to track (AX and RR) the car and eventually get a 12 bolt, or maybe an 8.8 when my 383 is done, so I do see some need for them down the road. Even with the stock 10 bolt, carving some corners on the track, I can see tubular LCA's doing more good than harm, especially compared to the stock stamped LCA's.
That's probably more dependent on the bushings or joints you have at the ends of your LCAs. If you're going to run a used 16 year old set of LCAs at least change the bushings out and if you're dead set on adjustables make sure your thrust angle is set before you head out.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Even with the stock 10 bolt, carving some corners on the track, I can see tubular LCA's doing more good than harm, especially compared to the stock stamped LCA's.
That is incorrect sir.
With rod ended bushings you will be good but its not going to be a noticible difference in handling over the stock lcas with rubber bushings. poly bushings like you bought will only hurt handling and have the lcas binding.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:32 AM
Launching!

The ones I bought have rubber bushings, not poly, and like I said, they were basically thrown in with the stuff I really needed to buy so why not at least get them, even if I don't use them.

Quick Reply: Kenny Brown LCA's for 4th Gen?