Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Power Stop rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trackbird
You have to have a sense of humor around here.

HPS pads do seem to make noise. My HP+ are silent. No noise, but they seem to lack bite as well. I like the HPS better for street use and autocross use, they are easier to modulate. Usually you can't get one without the other. If they stop well, they make noise and dust. I've tried most of them, and it's usually the same thing.

Drilled rotors are not "useless", they can work well for show cars and mild street applications. Ok, they can work "well enough". I have surface checking (small cracks) in the face of my solid rotors on my street/autocross car. I'd have destroyed drilled rotors by now. I'm not sure if I can get a picture of them or not, I figure the glare from the flash will make it impossible to see the rotor surface, but I might try to post a pic sometime soon. Anyway, just remember to buy parts based on your application. Show cars? Use whatever is pretty. Daily drivers, you may get away with pretty. Drag car, autocross car, or track day car, stick to solid rotors and good pads. You can destroy non drilled rotors if you run them hard enough. I've seen a few crack from the edge to the inside hub, it still happens.

I'm off to bed, and after a triple shift, you probably should be too.

Night!
Yes sir, I will be leaving at around 5am. man, 5 am to 5am is, well, 24 hrs straight and the 45 min drive home. Oh, it's going to be rough, lol. Thanks, Take care!
Old 08-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

This thread is 2yrs old.

Quick Reply: Power Stop rotors?