Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR Suspension Replacement Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016 | 05:19 PM
11 Second Club

Default BMR Suspension Replacement Bushings

I have BMR both swaybars, LCA, and panhard bar on my 2002 TransAm. I installed them 10 years ago. The polyurethane is dried out and falling apart. I would like to just replace the bushings, but BMR is not helping me. I see replacement bushings from Prothane and Energy Suspension but not sure if they will fit the BMR components. Does anyone know for sure what will work?
Old 12-05-2016 | 07:22 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Gold Phoenix
I have BMR both swaybars, LCA, and panhard bar on my 2002 TransAm. I installed them 10 years ago. The polyurethane is dried out and falling apart. I would like to just replace the bushings, but BMR is not helping me. I see replacement bushings from Prothane and Energy Suspension but not sure if they will fit the BMR components. Does anyone know for sure what will work?
If they are energy suspension bushings there will be a 4 digit number stamped on the inside face of the bushing.

If you get the number I can check and see if they match up with the bushings we use. We sell replacements just not sure if they are the same as BMR.

I'll be at the PRI show all this week but you can give me a call at the shop next week and I can try and help you out.

Craig
Old 12-05-2016 | 07:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Gold Phoenix
Not sure if you can take apart the lcas or the phb for a rebuild but the swaybars should be ab easy fix. Likely energy suspension bushings or similar, just gotta make sure the endlinks are the same height and the D bushings that connect the bar to the chassis is the right size for the bar, what size are the bars do you know? 32mm front or 35mm front i think are the only two sizes that bmr has sold in the past, dont remember on the rear, could be 25mm or smaller.
Old 12-05-2016 | 08:03 PM
11 Second Club

I guess I'll have to take things apart tomorrow and see what I can find out. All I know is I order everything at once in early 2007.
Old 12-05-2016 | 08:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Do you have the email or receipt?
You can measure the swaybars to check size, thats pretty easy.
LCAs and PHBs are pretty cheap honestly you might just have to buy new ones (and I would suggest not getting poly/poly ends on the LCAs as they can bind, you can do poly/rod end and have better performance and should ride the same). I have rotojoint LCAs from UMI and really like them, no noise (they will make noise when they need to be tightened) they articulate well and the ride is only a little more stiff from them.

EDIT: I was curious so I looked up on the wayback machine website and they have BMR's site from 2008 (nothing tracked for 2007) and its showing 32mm front, 21mm rear swaybars. So you might be able to actually use stock SS/WS6 front bushings since that was their size and some 1LE cars had 21mm rear bars so there should be bushings available for that size as well.

Last edited by JD_AMG; 12-05-2016 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-06-2016 | 11:12 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We have all of those bushings available directly. Just give me a call and I can set you up with them!

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 12-13-2016 | 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

when i bought from BMR, i called them and asked for rubber bushings instead of poly. They did have them and they sent me those instead. For a street car, id much rather have rubber bushings over poly. Just give them a call and theyll help you out.

Quick Reply: BMR Suspension Replacement Bushings