Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Power rack hose location

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power rack hose location

I have a 2000 Z28 rack I am using in a 4th gen hybrid front suspension. The rack came mounted to th k-member and was delivered on a skid, I never saw the car. My question is what fitting does the high pressure hose from pumy attach to, the top fitting or the one just below it. Shop manuals and Web info are conflicting. My steering works with pressure hose on top fitting but recently blew input shaft seal. Steering will not work with return line on top even though "Junior" at Turn One thought that that was the correct location.

Any body with 98-2002 4th gen with FE2 suspension want to check routing of their hoses I would appreciate it.

thanks,
Dave
Old 04-21-2017, 08:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Dave,

If this is a GM rack, the return port is closest to the input shaft. If you installed the high pressure line from the pump in that port, you will blow the input shaft seal out and will have erratic steering.
As Junior has already indicated in the very descriptive photos that he sent you, this information is correct. If you follow that diagram, you will have a functioning steering system.

If you have any questions regarding information that you were told by my company, please don't hesitate to give me a call.

Thank you,
Jeff Roethlisberger
President of Turn One
Old 04-21-2017, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steering_experts1
Dave,

If this is a GM rack, the return port is closest to the input shaft. If you installed the high pressure line from the pump in that port, you will blow the input shaft seal out and will have erratic steering.
As Junior has already indicated in the very descriptive photos that he sent you, this information is correct. If you follow that diagram, you will have a functioning steering system.

If you have any questions regarding information that you were told by my company, please don't hesitate to give me a call.

Thank you,
Jeff Roethlisberger
President of Turn One
Jeff, sorry but I did not know Junior sent me a reply. I thanked him for the info. Now that I have a definite answer I will hook up as instructed and if there is a problem I will look elsewhere.

Thank you,
Dave

Quick Reply: Power rack hose location