Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adjusting Koni SA shocks

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 07:37 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 209 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by slikrider20
So far two people have said I have to remove the shocks from the car, or at least unbolt them. I have the on car adjustable shocks (part numbers 8241-1140) so they do not need to be removed. I was able to adjust the rears just fine on the car.
Let me be clear about my experience. When they were new, I could adjust them on the car just fine, like JD AMG said, without jacking it or anything. After about 20k of daily driving them in all seasons and conditions, they wouldn't budge anymore - due to moisture and road grime, I'm sure. That's when I disassembled them and lubed them up. Then they worked well again.

So if it feels like the Allen wrench will bend or break before it will move, then it's time to get them lubed. Whether that would work for you on or off the car is for you to determine.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fronts were no problem on the car. I was referring more to the rears - mine are the on car adjustable so all I have to do is pull back a little carpet
Old 07-10-2017, 06:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by slikrider20
So far two people have said I have to remove the shocks from the car, or at least unbolt them. I have the on car adjustable shocks (part numbers 8241-1140) so they do not need to be removed. I was able to adjust the rears just fine on the car.
What I wrote only applies to the single adjustable rears that are not advertised as on-car adjustable. Just pointing out they don't really need to be removed from the car to adjust.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:50 PM
Launching!

I bought a pair of koni double adjusters and installed them last yr the previous owner said u couldnt adjust the top on the car thats bs i did i just jacked the car up and got the 2.5 allen in there it was easy. Now how do u guys adjust the backs im thinking of cutting little slits in the carpet to get the **** in there and dial it in
Old 07-23-2017, 03:26 AM
TECH Resident

That's what I did. Just cut a couple slits and I got a Koni adjuster **** right from Koni for free since the previous owner didn't have it.

Quick Reply: Adjusting Koni SA shocks