Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI / Strano / AFCO review

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 05:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
The more I drive it, the more it settles in, it seems. Don't know if there is a "settling" period or not. I was concerned about it being too much spring, but I think i made the right decision to drive it as it is designed first instead of second guessing spring rates.

My concern was that the front in particular is about 250 lbs light. That the 600's might be too much- -especially given that is about 2X the stock springs. But so far, they're confortable. It continues to impress me how well it absorbs bumps that used to make me cringe.

Sam, hats off to you on a well designed suspension.
Glad I could help and glad you like it
Amazing what proper shocks can do isn't it? You nearly doubled your front spring rate yet it ended up riding better... Id bet your drag times don't suffer while your ride and feel have improved.

I need to learn more, but I have a few things I'm going to try for even more improvement:

2. My trailing arm angles are around 10 degrees up from back to front. I'm guessing this is a bit too severe. I have other mounting positions available. but lowering the rear will reduce that angle too. Anyone know what is optimal?
This is 100% based on what you do with the car and how it feels. Drag guys will tell you that you *have* to have it even/flat or have the rear end side lower than the chassis side, while this helps launching it hurts handling and can cause sudden oversteer when pushing the car. Since you are strictly street driving or drag racing having the LCA's flat or higher on the chassis side will be fine, but if you are not getting wheel hop then it may not be something that needs to be addressed right away.

I'm hesitant to mess with any of the rebound settings. I'm at 20/40 on all four corners. The control is really good right now. if I did anything, it would be to test how adjustments affect the car.
Half the fun is feeling the difference in settings, play with them.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:32 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Glad I could help
So I guess JD_AMG is actually Sam Strano... Extremely dishonest and a very poor way for a forum advertiser and 14x champion to conduct business. I'm sure LS1Tech and the SCCA will be very disappointed when they put it all together.

I wonder what else Sam's been dishonest about...

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 07-26-2017, 11:23 AM

Received 1,837 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Suspension
So I guess JD_AMG is actually Sam Strano... Extremely dishonest and a very poor way for a forum advertiser and 14x champion to conduct business. I'm sure LS1Tech and the SCCA will be very disappointed when they put it all together.

I seriously doubt JD_AMG is Strano. For one, Strano has a good enough name, I don't think he needs to do that. Secondly, You'd be surpirsed how much NON-Strano advise JD gave me. Thirdly, check this out from earlier (edit- it's post 7) in this thread...

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
Hopefully, over the weekend, I'll get a fair amount of road testing in and report back. but, honestly, based on how different eh chassis feels, I cannot imagine I'm going to be unhappy with this decision.

I really, really appreciated the time Ramey spent with me on the phone, and my compliments to the designers of this suspension kit. Additionally, I spent some of JD-AMG's time as a neutral party to gain some perspective, and I greatly appreciate that as well.
I did NOT intend to cause a **** storm

Last edited by Darth_V8r; 07-26-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

This is a backfire on epic proportions for you turds.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:51 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Glad I could help and glad you like it

Perhaps I jumped the gun on this. If I did, then I will be glad to apologize. Would you be willing to discuss this offline? Please call me at BMR at 813-986-9302 at your convenience and I will be glad to get this straightened out.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 07-26-2017, 02:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 135 Likes on 88 Posts

As usual, making **** up to see what sticks. Remember that time you offered me the lowest deal you had and free drop-ships and all, all I had to do was drop UMI completely? I do, and that right there told me all I needed to know.

For the record, I have but one account on here, this one.

I notice no want to say sorry to me though. I'm shocked. And I wonder how long until they get this latest flub removed, like times in the past, to try and save face.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-26-2017, 03:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Perhaps I jumped the gun on this. If I did, then I will be glad to apologize. Would you be willing to discuss this offline? Please call me at BMR at 813-986-9302 at your convenience and I will be glad to get this straightened out.
Perhaps? Jesus Christ.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-26-2017, 03:38 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

A 3-way conference call would resolve this....

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 07-26-2017, 03:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Lawyer contacted, just in case. And what's better is the comment about "perhaps I jumped the gun".

Ooops, I guess you realized you screwed up. Too bad you didn't use your head first and try and find out if the lies were actually true. Brilliant plan Eric and Allan. Brilliant.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

A 3-way conference call would resolve this....
You not being stupid would have kept it from happening. Why would I have any interest in helping you get out of jail on this?

You can't possibly that dense.

Old 07-26-2017, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Is that you, Sam Strano? Is this me?
Old 07-26-2017, 05:00 PM
Launching!

Well, I guess fake news and alternative facts finally made it to this forum.

3 way conference call will solve this.....give me a f'in break

Sam, JD, and Darth....hope this doesn't deter y'all from posting on tech. Love reading y'all's stuff and learning.

What a mess....thanks BMR
Old 07-26-2017, 05:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

No need to clutter up this thread with BMR being childish anymore.
Ive contacted RPM WS6 since the other thread was locked hopefully he will post my reply.
BMR I expect a full sincerer apology to me, sam and darth v8r (for ruining his thread).
You have only made things worse for yourselves.
Ive also contacted prostock john with my personal number, offering to call him or he can call me(refused the request). And Ive just sent him a link to my public facebook so he can have a look for himself on there.
BMR you are the worst internet detectives in the history of the internet.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

JD_AMG, you might want to know that Eric Kent is on F-body Empire on Facebook spewing this crap too. And get this, "Eric Kent: We've been waiting to hear from JD, who has provided no contact information". So you not calling them back to justify or deny in person their lies, makes their lies true, I guess.
Facebook Post

I've called Internet Brands about it too, they know they have a problem.

And ProStockJohn refused to call you? Well, I guess there goes his credibility.

BMR is hoping someone believes this crap, there can't be any other explanation. I suspect they see the crap many have fallen for over the last year or so and are hoping some of you are here. I dunno.

They owe me far more than a sincere apology.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
JD_AMG, you might want to know that Eric Kent is on F-body Empire on Facebook spewing this crap too. And get this, "Eric Kent: We've been waiting to hear from JD, who has provided no contact information". So you not calling them back to justify or deny in person their lies, makes their lies true, I guess. https://www.facebook.com/groups/7847...01106360351457

I've called Internet Brands about it too, they know they have a problem.

And ProStockJohn refused to call you? Well, I guess there goes his credibility.

BMR is hoping someone believes this crap, there can't be any other explanation. I suspect they see the crap many have fallen for over the last year or so and are hoping some of you are here. I dunno.

They owe me far more than a sincere apology.
Hey thanks for the link my alter ego, I just sent a request to join the group so I can comment, this will be fun!
Old 07-26-2017, 05:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
We've been super pleased with the set up we have developed with Sam.

Both Sam and myself ran our 4th gens at Gingerman this weekend for the Motor State Challenge. Sam put down a 1.440 lap time while I did 1.453. Sam's car is lacking power which would have gave him the boost to gain some time while me, I am lacking driver right now. Sam got me faster but the day came to an end before we could get more laps. We are both on the UMI/Strano shocks... different spring rates and roll centers but same shocks. They are proving to be working excellent.

Here's a video I saw Sam post- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Spj...&feature=share

Glad you guys like them!
Was that a c6 z06 Sam passed??
Old 07-26-2017, 05:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Wtf lol
Old 07-26-2017, 05:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 413 Likes on 331 Posts

I think I'm still me. But not so sure after the bmr blow up
Old 07-26-2017, 05:52 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sam passed nearly everything and that car looks completely stable and comfy. Is it a race car? Is it a street car? YES!
Old 07-26-2017, 06:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by UMI Tech
Sam passed nearly everything and that car looks completely stable and comfy. Is it a race car? Is it a street car? YES!
Ya wanna know what's really fucked up? When I see things like this I want to make my car a race car and not a show car lol

Quick Reply: UMI / Strano / AFCO review