Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LONG Torque Arm and 4l80e

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 02:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default LONG Torque Arm and 4l80e

Need some info here, I am running a long torque arm from MWC and they currently do not offer a transmission crossmember to work with there long torque arm and a 4l80e. seems like i may have no option but to change torque arms but was wondering if anyone else has modified a crossmember or done anything different to make it work. the mwc torque arm will not work with other brand crossmemebers either.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:02 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Short of custom fabrication, I don't think you have a good option there. We make our arms and cross members interchangeable with different types/brands as well as increased isolation for noise and harshness by using a bushing. Take a look at the items we offer for this combination

https://bmrsuspension.com/index.cfm?...315&superpro=0

https://bmrsuspension.com/index.cfm?...336&superpro=0

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 10-17-2017, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 82cetuner
Need some info here, I am running a long torque arm from MWC and they currently do not offer a transmission crossmember to work with there long torque arm and a 4l80e. seems like i may have no option but to change torque arms but was wondering if anyone else has modified a crossmember or done anything different to make it work. the mwc torque arm will not work with other brand crossmemebers either.
With a 4L80 it is a distance and room issue to utilize a torque arm that has an adjustable pivot link like we utilize. We are working on trying to make a rectangle version crossmember like all the crossmembers we use for torque arm mounting with out compromising performance and strength by using a tubular design and clam shell mounting.

I know we have talked to a couple customers and have looked into it over the summer and hope to be caught up with all our custom orders this winter and maybe figure something out. We maybe only have one or two customers a year that want a long arm for the 4L80 transmission so not a huge demand.

Probably not what you want to hear at this time but email me maybe we can figure something else out to get you back on the road faster than waiting. midwestchassis2@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: LONG Torque Arm and 4l80e