Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS sensor removal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS sensor removal?

Anyone know how to remove the speed sensor in the rear on a 4 channel rear ended? I took the bolt off and it won’t come out. I don’t wanna be prying on it and break it.

Also does anyone know if it’s possible to remove the C clips when there’s a axle bearing saver in it? Wanted to replace my axles and I know there’s axle bearing savers in the car and if there’s really no way to get the c clamps out I’m just going to return everything and hope for the best with the axles that are in it still.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They tend to get a little stuck in the round holes due to rust, plus metallic particles and brake dust sticking to the magnet. Do not pry on them. Try to rotate it free by twisting. You can probably help matters by removing as much as you can of the junk clinging to them first. I think that would be enough to get the axle C-clips off (a magnetic pickup tool will assist you there), but I have no experience with axle bearing savers.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by eb110americana
They tend to get a little stuck in the round holes due to rust, plus metallic particles and brake dust sticking to the magnet. Do not pry on them. Try to rotate it free by twisting. You can probably help matters by removing as much as you can of the junk clinging to them first. I think that would be enough to get the axle C-clips off (a magnetic pickup tool will assist you there), but I have no experience with axle bearing savers.
thank you! I got them out. Now if I can get these dumbass c-clips out. Might just have to say f*ck it and not even change the axles. There’s like no way to get them out. Doesn’t help I’m doing this with the car on jack stands and not a lift
Old 06-15-2018, 09:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

There are many horror story threads about axle saver bearings and then trying to get the c-clips out.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axl...-10-bolts.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axl...lt-c-clip.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axl...ar-enough.html
Old 06-15-2018, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FirstYrLS1Z
yeah I read a lot of them last night. Not sure what im
gonna do. Probably just gonna put it all back together and hope for the best when I put my drag radials on

Quick Reply: ABS sensor removal?