Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear ABS wiring question, 3 channel

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Rear ABS wiring question, 3 channel

I am about finished installing an 8.8 with ABS from Hawks Motorsports in my 2001 Trans Am, which has 3 channel ABS / no traction control. Everything has gone butter smooth so far. My only unknown is the rear ABS harness wiring. The OEM harness has one black and one white wire. The 8.8 has 2 white wires, and a different plug. So I need to splice. Thankfully one of my best friends is a professional wire splicer for the phone company, so he will be soldering it. My question is does it matter which way the wires are spliced? Obviously its a 50/50 thing, but I prefer getting it right the first time.

This, swapping the conversion u-joint onto my driveshaft then installing driveshaft, re-checking all the bolts, and bleeding the brakes are all that is left. I gravity bled the brakes, but need a buddy as I do the 2-person method.

You can see the ABS wires on the 8.8 here.

These are the factory wires.

The 8.8 has 3:55 gears, 33-spline Moser axles, Wavetrac diff, sway bar mounts, ABS and the aluminum cover as options. If I had it to do over I'd spend the $250 to have it powdercoated. I was going to POR15 it myself, but that was going to be too much hassle. So now it shall rust.

Gravity bleeding Castrol $RF.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Polarity does not matter on wheel speed sensors.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you

I got the jounce/bump stops installed, and swapped the bolts on the sway bar end links for the ones that came with the aftermarket endlinks. I used the OEM before; not sure why. Probably because they were shorter, but the longer spacers/bolts move the bar from the shocks a tiny bit more.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 97 Likes on 86 Posts

Should of at least hit the rear with some clear or cheap rattle can paint...

Quick Reply: Rear ABS wiring question, 3 channel